Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern VA Ham Needs Mobile HF Installation Help  (Read 429 times)
N1VU

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:55:29 AM »

Hi:

I'm running an FT100 and a screwdriver in my Toyota Echo.  It's been in the car since I bought it new in 2001. It needs some sprucing-up by someone who's an HF mobile expert around here.  I'm somewhat handicapped, so doing some of the needed work (bonding the frame and exhaust, for example) is somewhat out of my league at this point.  I doubt whatever's needed would take very long.  If you're an HF mobile veteran and have a Northern Virginia or Suburban Maryland QTH; I would welcome the help.  I have a decent barefoot sig as is but think I can do better.  I have or can get all needed parts. Please feel free to email me at shnewsman@verizon.net.  If you're in the NOVA/DC/MD area; I can come to you.  Many thanks.

73/sean/K4DBX (formerly N1VU)
KO1D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 06:08:41 AM »

Sean,

If you want I can forward this on a couple lists here in NoVA. I don't have the tools to do what you need (I need to have it done as well) but I can see if some of the gang who might can help.

Dan S
KO1D
Falls Church, VA
N1VU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 06:44:06 AM »

absolutely.  and many thanks!  feel free to call and have them call me too (if they're interested...).  703-724-4425.

73/sean (now K4DBX)in ashburn
KO1D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:18:29 AM »

Ok no sweat. I have sent it out to hams on the local lists I am part of around eastern part of NoVA. I asked someone to relay it over to Sterling Park ARC and the Loudoun Amateur Radio Group (LARG).

Good luck!

Dan S
KO1D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: