The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle Bonding ?  (Read 1022 times)
NZ4Z

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2007, 03:30:51 AM »

First let me say, K0BG, Thanks so much for your time and attention to detail, it really helps challenged people like me. Also, K1CJS, thank you for the response, and your knowledge as well.

Now, I have a 2007 GMC Sierra extended cab Pick-UP, can you tell me (I have to be spoon fed here hi hi) the other points I need straps at besides the doors (does this include the rear 3rd doors?) hood, engine (this one puzzles me as to where to strap?), and tail pipe? How about the tailgate? what points of the bed? And as long as the bed and tail pipe ones are attached to the frame, these are correct? Right? Oh boy.... I should have read more technical books as a child.

Thanks again

Steve Parker
NZ4Z

Oh, also Alan... I ordered the BetterRF module to help with the tuning of my IC-7000 and Tarheel. My friend really brags on his.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 05:39:06 AM »

The hood, doors, exhaust system, and all four corners of the pickup bed. The radiator shell helps too. This accomplishes two things; RFI reduction (both ingress and egress), and reduces the image plane losses.

All GM V8s use plug wires, albeit short one. In my Photo Gallery under Other Installs, are several photos of how to shield these short jumpers, both with 1181 copper tape, and braided material. The ignition RFI may be low enough that you won't have to do this, but you might.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: