Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeasu FT-7800R  (Read 814 times)
KF6PHV

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2007, 08:36:07 PM »

I just purchased a FT-7800 dual band.  While installing all the frequencies I want, I seem to have installed a few into some channels that I do not want.  (You know, a duplicate freq somewhere up the line from the original one.)  Anyway, while preusing the the manual, I do not find anything that says how to remove the extra dup freqs.  I could add new freqs OVER the old ones but do not want anymore.  Does anyone know how to REMOVE just a select few freqs instead of removing all of them and starting over?

TANKS!

Ger - KF6 Perpendicular Horizontal Vertical
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:57:41 AM »

You can't! This minor annoyance has been on the pages many times. You can write over them, but you can't erase them. Yes, it is a pain in the rear, but there it is.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:23:18 AM »

Most radios do not let you delete information from memories, only overwrite them.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
VE1CM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »

This is from my ft-7800 manual......

With 1000 “Regular” memories available (except memory channel “1”), there frequently
are situations where you may desire to delete certain memorized frequencies. The procedure
for deleting a channel is quite simple:
1. Press the [V/M(MW)] key, if needed, to enter the Memory mode.
2. Press and hold in the [V/M(MW)] key for 1/2 second, then rotate the DIAL knob to select
the memory channel to be deleted. Note that memory channel “1” may not be deleted.
3. Press the [SCAN(SEL)] key momentarily. The display will revert to memory channel
“1.” If you rotate the DIAL knob to the location you just deleted, you will observe that it
is now invisible.
Note: Once deleted, the channel data cannot be recovered.
KF6PHV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:11:34 PM »

Thanks VE1CM.  On what page did you find this info?

Ger
VE1CM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:56:17 PM »

I found it on page 35.

John
VE1CM
N2EUX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:22:26 AM »

I think it's easier to buy the program and USB cable for your computer.  Then you can change anything that you want and just download it to the 7800.  You can even save multiple configurations and change if you are traveling.

I bought mine here http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ great service and a good program.  I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: