Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just bought a '07 Pontiac G6....  (Read 401 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »

...I got to tell ya, they really are making most auto dash boards mount unfriendly now a days....I am open to suggestions on how to mount a Radio Shack 10 meter rig to a dash board that has the transmission shift on the floor??....Can someone help???.....

Vince P
KA3NRX

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »

Go to my web site, and pull up the Photo Gallery. Go to Other Installs, and look around. You might just get an idea or two.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:57:49 PM »

Maybe you should have considered the radio installation BEFORE you bought the vehicle. <g>

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »

I just have to tell you Lon, this last time I DID!!!

The real reason for buying a Ridgeline was to use it as an antenna platform. In that role it works very well. Add the large amount of interior space, and you have a good match.

If there is a down side, it's $4+ gas, but what the heck, I can't take it with me!

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 07:04:42 AM »

Alan:

I never cease to be amazed at hams who buy vehicles WITHOUT taking antenna and radio installation into consideration and then complain when they have problems finding places for the install.

Of course, the same goes for hams who buy in CCR-controlled areas and then complain they can't put up an antenna. Smiley

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »

Sideways bolted to the side of the center console usually works.  That's where I had my R/S HTX-100 mounted in my Camaro for a few years.  The rig won't know it's not "horizontal."
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 12:33:05 PM »

I never cease to be amazed at hams who buy vehicles WITHOUT taking antenna and radio installation into consideration and then complain when they have problems finding places for the install.

REPLY: I am not complaining. The fact is that most automobiles out there are radio mount unfriendly now-a-days, making it very challenging.  Remember, it's 2007, and the Edsel, The DeSoto, the Corvair, and the Studabaker are no longer in production!  Besides, I found a way to do it.  I didn't think it would work, but there is room.  Thanks WB2WIK/6!

Vince P
KA3NRX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: