Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING! Icom 7000 FIRE DANGER!!  (Read 944 times)
KD0AFK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:39 PM »

I was getting fuel one day at a truck stop and after I parked, I went in to get something to eat. After I came out, the Hazmat crew was swarming all over my truck. It seemed that the priming screw had vibrated loose on my reefer unit and was pumping the tank dry. Spilled around 10 gallons of fuel. Road assist said that it had never happened before to any other driver EVER. I found out later that it is not as uncommon as they wanted to admit.
Even though it has not happened to EVERYONE, sometimes things just break for no apparent reason.
If your radio smoked, your radio smoked. That should have been the end of the conversation. Murphy is my co-driver and he has many tricks up his sleeve. Maybe he caught a ride with you for a short trip. I hope that ICOM realizes that things just happen and if it wasn't anything you did, they should fix it.
Good luck.
KD0AFK
KB3MMX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 08:21:03 PM »

UPDATE****************

Icom has returned the radio fully repaired for just under $250 with the upgraded grounding parts and new TX driver board. I will add that their packaging is superb!

***Icom did not stand behind this issue with ANY assistance on a price break for the repairs and updated componentry.

GL&73,
    KB3MMX--Chuck
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: