Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Right Angle Mag Mount for Car  (Read 600 times)
W1OFZ

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2008, 08:42:35 AM »

Hello,

I have been searching the internet, but I could not find what I am looking for.  So I am writing here to see if this even exists.

I am looking for a mag mount for my antenna that I can put on the side of my car and still have the antenna point vertical.  I have a hatchback (2006 VW Rabbit) and am having a difficult time mounting my antenna.  I had a hatchback mount and it worked well, but I could only mount it on the lower half of the door.  

I am looking to get it as close to the top of the car (without putting it on the roof) as possible.  Unfortunately, the Rabbit's hatchback design doesn't allow me to add the hatchback mount any higher.  Thus my quest for a mag mount.  I will put this on the side of the car as close to the roof as I want.  

Thanks for your help!

PS - My antenna has a NMO connection
KO1D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »

Drill a hole....with the wind against the antenna on the side of the car and gravity doing that silly pulling down to the ground (not to the car where the magnet rather be) this will not work.

Drill the hole.

Only other option is stick it on the front hood and clamp it there.

Dan S
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »

Why would anyone buy a decent antenna, and then mount it in the least efficient method? It's a conundrum I don't understand.

Contrary to popular belief, properly installing a NMO mount does not distract from the resale value of any vehicle, leased or otherwise.

The only thing I'll admit to, with respect to drilling a hole for an antenna, is that it hurts the first time you do it. After that, it doesn't even sting!

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: