Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK supplier for Outbacker  (Read 426 times)
G7SQW

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:41:40 AM »

Hello all,
Please could anyone advise me of a UK supplier for the range of Outbacker antennas. I am looking to get the Outreach 500 for static mobile operation as the reviews look good, can get one shipped from Australia or the USA but would like to try the UK route first if possible.
Many thanks for looking and hope someone can help as I have already tried the search engine route.
Andy
G7SQW
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »

The reviews may look good, but the real truth is, the Outbacker is one of the lossiest mobile antennas you can buy. Not only that, it's expensive! Fact is, an auto-coupler and CB whip is more efficient, and costs less.

There are several good screwdriver antennas made in England, that are about the same price as the Outbacker, that will deliver a lot better efficiency.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

G7SQW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:16:35 PM »

Hello Alan,
Thank you for taking the time to reply  to my post it is a great help and I will take a look at the other options you suggest also. At this moment in time  using hamsticks so just looking for something multiband for holidays etc in one small package rather than the full range of hamsticks.
Andy
G7SQW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: