Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any install pics/info for 2007 Chevy Silverado?  (Read 713 times)
KG5KS

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

Would like to hear about any installs or pics of new Chevy 2007/2008 "New body style" 4dr Crew 1500 truck.  I would like to see what might be best choice for hf, vhv, uhf.
Thank you
Kenny
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

I currently don't have any 2007/8 Chevy photos in my gallery, as no one has sent me any. The fact is, body style doesn't have much to do with installing radios, other than finding room for them.

If there are any problems, they deal more with SRS devices, and other safety related items. As a result, I suggest you spend some hard earned cash on a body repair manual, and an electrical trouble shooting manual. They're not cheap, but trust me, they pay for themselves post haste.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado, 2500 HD, Crew Cab.  I did my install after lots of time spent at Alan's web site (www.k0bg.com) as well as other friends who have done mobile installs.   Actually, the power wiring and some other minor stuff was done by a local car stereo shop and they did an excellent job.

I have photos of both the rig setup, with some details on the wiring arrangement and my custom mount for my HiQ screwdriver antenna at my web site.  See http://www.k7peh.com and follow the links for my truck mobile setup and the antenna setup.

phil, K7PEH
AK4FK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »

I have a 2000 Silverado Xcab and just installed a FT857D.
I ran 2 wires from the battery down along the frame on the drivers side in some of that black plastic corrugated conduit found at auto parts stores. I found rubber plugs on the floor of the rear seat that could be slit and then sealed to enter the cab. I also found a plastic vent on the drivers side between the bed and cab that I ended up using. I was able to reach in from under the back seat and grab the wires. I made a small tray to hold the radio with Velcro and a +/- terminal board under the rear seat. I mounted the remote head under the AC controls on the dash. So far I have a UHF/VHF dual band mounted on top of the 3rd door. I'm still trying to decide which screwdriver to pull the plug on so it's busy time trying to read up as much as I can. Sites like Alans are a BIG BIG help. My Xcab pickup has a fiberglass cap on it so I'm leaning toward a hood corner location for the HF antenna but don't know jack about the subject and if that location is suitable. Let us know what setup you decide on.

Walter
KI4UCJ

studying for my General so once I do get a screwdriver I can use the bands
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: