Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-2200 FM Transceiver  (Read 1521 times)
W6KCA

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2008, 04:46:16 PM »

I'm told that my signal strength is fine, but my audio is much too low. Is there a way to increase the deviation on this rig? I have no schematic or component picture for it. Is an adjustment available? Is a schematic or picture for the components available. If no adjustment is available, then I guess the mic may have gone bad. Any other ideas?

Bob W6KCA
bobsarquis@comcast.net
W6KCA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »

I have my answer. Yes there is an adjustment, but Yaesu tech says it's probably the mic due to leaking electrolytic caps.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 05:33:43 AM »

My first question is, how close to the microphone are your lips? Any more than an inch or so, and you'll have low audio. You almost have to swallow the mic.

As for the cap story, I doubt that is the cause. Remember, just because a Yaesu tech told you, doesn't make it so.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

N4NLQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:59:26 AM »

Bob,

The Yaesu tech may be right regarding bad caps in the mic.  If your radio uses the MH-27 mic, or one of it's cousins, there are two 50 volt electrolytics, one in the mic audio circuit and one in the TT audio circuit, that lose their ability to pass signals over time.

I have a procedure assembled from the advice of several eHam contributors to correct the problem.  It has worked for more than 20 mics that I know of.  I sent it to the email address you have on QRZ.  It's also available on mods.dk under "Yaesu, MH-27".

My research shows that the MH-26 was the most common mic supplied with the FT-2200 but did list the MH-27 as well.  I hope this helps.

Allan - N4NLQ
KB9ZKO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 02:55:16 PM »

Thanks for the fix - worked like a charm!

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: