Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu VX-8 Questions  (Read 756 times)
KC0ZPS

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:05:51 AM »

I recently purchased a Yaesu VX-8R to replace my Yaesu FT-60R.  It's only been a couple of days, but I do have a few questions :

First, my Comet SMA-24 antenna was a huge improvement on my FT-60R.  Does anyone know if it will be worthwhile to use the same antenna on my VX-8R?

Second, what do I do with the "connector unit" that was packaged with the device?

Lastly, how does the Smart Search feature work?  I followed the manual to the letter and it does not scan :

1) Set radio in VFO mode in the Mono band mode.

-Done.

2) Rotate the DIAL knob, while pressing and holding the MODE key to select "Smart Search" mode.

-Done. After a second or so, I see "smart search" at the top. Turning the dial knob displays two options : "Smart Search" and "CH Counter". I select "Smart Search"

3) Release the MODE key to begin the Channel Counter.

-huh? Releasing the MODE key changes the display to show "SMS" and "CNT" in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I see no channel counter beginning.

4) As active channels are detected, you will observe the number of "loaded" channels increasing in the regular memory channel window.

-This doesn't happen. Again, the display shows "SMS" and "CNT", but no search occurs.

Steps 5 and 6 are skipped since no scanning occurs.

7) To return to normal operation, press the MODE key.

Done. I can do this to return to VFO mode, but no scan occurred.
AE6LX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:39:36 AM »

I found the answer to both of your questions posted here:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/handitalkies/34105-yaesu-vx-8r-question.html

Hope it helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: