Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any kind of safety lighting on vehicle?  (Read 4704 times)
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »

Your welcome about the tip for the first aid kits at Big Lots. I didn't think you would be able to afford anything better on social security!
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2009, 04:38:38 AM »

I think you mean "you're" (welcome.)

KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2009, 05:02:26 AM »

No, according to Webster's Dictionary, my use of "your" is correct and in most circumstances they are interchangeable.

However, you have two incomplete sentences in your previous post!
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 05:20:34 AM »

Huh?! In the case given, Larry is very correct! It should be You're.

Your is a possessive adjective, and you're is a contraction of you are. Although you see the error quite often, it is, nonetheless, incorrect usage.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2009, 06:25:33 AM »

Your use of "Huh?!" (an interjection punctuated like a sentence) and the phrase "It should be You're." (a fragment punctuated like a sentence with the "Y" capitalized) is incorrect. That is very bad grammar!

After you look that up, you can tell "Larry" that in addition to his two incomplete sentences in his last post, it is incorrect to capitalize "First Aid."

Often, when trolls lose a debate on a thread, they immediately start trying to correct the other poster's grammmar to save face. Unfortunately for them, they usually make more grammatical errors than the person they are attacking. This is the result of social promotion in public education.  

By the way, if he is "Larry," then you must be Moe!"
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:38 AM »

We need to mark on the calendar that Alan and I agree on something. It's history in the making!

Just kidding, Alan. Fact is, you and I AGREE on much more than the few things on which we might disagree.

SDY,

"trying to correct the other poster's **grammmar** to save face"

Does spelling count?

I'm starting to think SDY is just kidding around. He can't possibly think anyone would take these comments seriously.

73 to all!
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 07:18:29 AM »

Alan,

What type of battery does SDY need for that trolling motor?

For example, if he uses Optima, would it be a blue top or a yellow top battery?
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:35 AM »

Actually, we see this same small group of trolls on strings where helping someone with a problem is not the focus. These guys only post comments to aggravate or criticize others. They would like to be bullies, but in real life they would get beat up by their targets. Obviouly, this is the only outlet they have for their compulsive behavior. Notice that they have a tendency to gang up, like most hooligans.

The fact that they have dragged the discussion away from helping others in emergencies to arguing about grammar, tells you something about their character.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »

A Li'lion!

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

WA2TTP

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2009, 02:26:44 PM »

"Most law enforcement officers who are killed roadside in the line of duty are standing next to a patrol car with a miriad of flashing lights, wig wags and strobes. They HAVE to be there. You don't.

Sometimes, I think that the lights distract drivers to the point of causing an accident.

73 de Terry, WØFM"

I couldn't agree with you more Terry. The New York State Police have started using these multiple strobe lights on there cars and when I'm coming up on one on the side of road it is absolutly blinding to me at night. Add some rain to the mix and forget it!

Steve,
WA2TTP
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »

WA2TTP said; "The New York State Police have started using these multiple strobe lights on there [their] cars and when I'm coming up on one on the side of the road it is absolutely blinding to me at night. Add some rain to the mix and forget it!"

One of the symptoms of night blindness is the inability of the sufferer to adjust from low levels of light to high levels of light. Common causes are cataracts, retinal degeneration from advanced age and or lack of vitamin A. If you are having this problem, as you say, it would be my suggestion that you schedule an examination with an eye doctor before you drive at night again. It could be your night vision difficulty can be easily corrected or it may be the end of your night driving. Either way, at least you would know for sure!

If you are having a medical problem, don't blame others or inanimate objects for your difficulty. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and get treatment and or admit your limitations. It is better than becoming a silent key or killing an innocent person!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »

SDY--perhaps I should spell it out for you.  The strobes were there for a purpose--and they were in the car and connected for four years.  They were used twice.  They are now disconnected because I am no longer a volunteer member of the city EMA and I now have no use for them.  Understand now?  I doubt it.

You like to stir the pot and shoot your mouth off.

Thank you to those who've already pointed that out.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: