Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands Free using car's bluetooth  (Read 720 times)
AE6WA

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:25:33 PM »

I have a new 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. The car's speakers and the built-in microphone can be paired to my bluetooth equiped cell phone for hands-free calling.

Now I am wondering if a bluetooth equipped radio such as a VX8 or FTM-10M could use the car's handsfree for hands-free operation?

When I read the Yaesu VX8R manual I can see that the VX8R is trying to be the bluetooth controller pairing with a dumb bluetooth headset. In the case of my car, the car wants to control the pairing with a remote device (cell). The car displays a 4-digit number that has to be entered in the cell phone when paired for the first time.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »

You can try it, but your fiends won't like what they hear!

The noise canceling feature is Sync, doesn't work all that well, albeit better than the OnStar, that's for sure. As a result, you get an awful lot of background noise mixed in.

I've heard folks on the air with almost the exact setup on HF, and they sound like they're in an auditorium while they're setting up the chairs!

I use a RFP unit and a Bluesonic headset with a noise canceling boom mike with my IC-7000, and it still has too much background for my tastes.

Try it is the only way you'll know for sure.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »

Typically, the initial set up four digit number to pair bluetooth devices is defaulted to 0000.

You can try that.  However, I suspect your results will be much like Alan has explained.  Mine were.

Terry, WØFM
N1MWK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:07:20 AM »

The Ford Fusion is a nice car but I ordered a Buick Lacrosse. I wonder how you made out Pairing and using the auto sytem to transmit and receive on the vx-8r. The buick as well you can assign the Pin numbers. I will know in a moth or when I get my car. Thanks for information.  de BI  N1MWK   bion@juno.com
N1MWK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »

The Ford Fusion is a nice car but I ordered a Buick Lacrosse. I wonder how you made out Pairing and using the auto sytem to transmit and receive on the vx-8r. The buick as well you can assign the Pin numbers. I will know in a moth or when I get my car. Thanks for information.  de BI  N1MWK   bion@juno.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: