Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NMO vs NMOHF  (Read 984 times)
WD0MYM

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:52:27 AM »

I'm kind of confused slightly about the Larsen NMO mounts. I currently have the NMOQ 1/4 wave 2 meter antenna on the Larsen round magnetic base. I am going to drill. I have ordered the NMOK permanent mount which is on its way. I also went ahead and ordered the NMO150 which is the 5/8 wave 2 meter antenna.

I noticed the NMOHF mount also. It appears to me that to use my 1/4 wave with the mag mount, you leave the center pin in the NMO mount.It appears that there is no male part on the antenna to mate with the female part on the NMO mount when the center pin is removed.

1. Do I leave the pins all in the NMO mount for all of the Larsen antennas I described above?

2. Which Larsen antennas make use of the NMO mount with the center pin removed?

3. Is the NMOK the right mount? Does it come with the removable center pin?

4. I would also like to purchase a Larsen 10 meter antenna to use for CB. Will the 10 meter version NMO27 work for this with the whip supplied? Does this antenna also work with the center pin installed or removed?

In general am I on the right track?

Thank You!

Jon
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:22:03 AM »

You ordered the correct mount; NMO-K. That's the one with the flat surface atop the mount. Your 1/4 wave, and NMO27, NMO150, NMO2/70, and any other NMO antenna from Larsen will mount on it.

Just remember. Although the NMO mounts from Comet and Diamond look the same, they aren't. The threads are slightly different, and the connection to the center pin is different.

Alan, KØBG
www,k0bg.com

WD0MYM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »

Thanks for the info. Not to change the subject, I noticed on your site the section about the PL259. I looked around for the exact part numbers, 83-1SP and the 83-168 reducer. I found the 83-1SP  online, but could only locate the RFX reducers. Do you know of a source? I noticed the NMOK does not come with an installed connector so I might as well put a good one on it.

Thanks,

Jon
KB1LKR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »

I believe Mouser stocks Amphenol RFX series stuff. Check Digikey too though.

www.mouser.com
www.digikey.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: