Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOUXUN KG-UVD1P  (Read 476 times)
W2KXW

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »

I have been thinking about buying a WOUXUN KG-UVD1P to keep in my truck. But I hear one thing that bothers me. Is it true that if you are talking on one band or freq. and a signal comes through on the other listening freq., as soon as you un-key and then repress the PTT it switches from the freq. you were talking on to the other listening Freq. ?? If true can function this be turned off.
Jc W2KXW
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:29:46 AM »

If you look here on eham.net, and on QRZ, you'll get an insight of the problems, and you named one of them.

One thing is for sure, it's cheap! Whether it's cheap in quality remains to be seen.

Alan, KOBG
www.k0bg.com

VK6FGMF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 12:17:12 AM »

I have one of these and you can run it either in dual band or single band mode.

I usually run it on 2 channels/bands and when I hear someone I want to talk to I flick it to single band with the press of a button.

In single band mode you can still switch between either of the 2 band you were listening to in dual band mode by pressing another button - the A/B button.

Radio works well. The range is fairly good. I can get into repeaters up to 12kms or so ok.

The build quality is not bad. The plastic is pretty hard like most of the chinese radios. The programing software is a piece of cake if you have the cable for it. The software is free from their web site.

I think for the money it's not a bad radio. I would recommend buying another battery, at least 1700mAh as the 1300mAh which ships with them doesn't last long at all. The antenna is also fairly thin and I have been pretty rough with it so its quite bent. Doesn't seem to affect it though.
ARNIE289

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:43 AM »

I have recently bought one of these & found it will do almost everything I want. I just need to stretch the RX to 486MHz. I have been told about a keypad procedure which (I am told) works on the earlier model.
Does anyone know if it works on the KG-UVD1P.
I don't want to finish up with a paper weight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: