Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daiwa NS-660P  (Read 2722 times)
DD3LY

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2001, 08:24:12 AM »

Someone gave me a DAIWA-VSWR-Meter "NS-660P" with SSB-peak-reading, which may be defective: It does NOT show the peak-behavior for the reflected power. It shows no reflected power indication at all if I switch into one of those peak-reading-modes. I suppose that they (Daiwa) forgot to solder one or two cables inside the unit, because the directional coupler has a good output voltage relative to VSWR but this voltage is NOT wired to ANY point from the switch. So there CAN be no indication during the peak-reading-modes.

Who owns a working unit can help me and give me a wiring-diagramm or can lead me through this unit "wire by wire"? There are not soooo many wires, I suppose it will NOT take so much time. If someone would make the effort to unscrew the meter, I will call from Germany by phone. An answer by e-mail would be nice: andree.knott@t-online.de

With greetings from Germany
AndreƩ / DD3LY
ZL4IV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »

it needs the external power connected for PEP mode.
ZL4IV
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:33:23 AM »

Without knowing for sure I would guess it's designed to read PEP in the forward mode only. Average Reading give forward and reflected to adjust tuner or check SWR. Peak lets you check Peak (Forward) Power for SSB modes.

Clif
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »

it needs the external power connected for PEP mode.
ZL4IV

ZL4IV nailed it.  Read the manual; if you didn't get a copy of it, download it.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: