Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VHF/UHF PSK Digital Yahoo Group  (Read 1212 times)
KB9UMT

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2002, 12:05:10 AM »

Hello:

Just a friendly invite to any and all Hams that might be interested in making our VHF/UHF bands more active...and promoting digital activity in the VHF/UHF bands.  Our group is a casual group with a good group of Hams from newbies to the very advanced that can answer most any questions.  Our purpose is to experiment with digital modes on VHF/UHF, add activity to the VHF/UHF bands, and to help each other with questions on digital modes, software, weaksignal work, antennas, and station building.  If you think this might interest you then please give us a look and join in if you like.  Although the group is new (only 6 months young)...please give us a look and support some VHF/UHF activity...go here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PSK_VHF_UHF_HAMRADIO/

(This Yahoo Group is FREE to ALL to join from new or small stations to advanced or Big Gun stations in VHF/UHF or weaksignal/digital work)

http://www.functionalfuture.com/kd4fnb/qsoboard.pl

(This is our LOG IN QSO board to experiment with digital modes and know who is on and ready...or let others know what is going on and where to monitor)

http://hometown.aol.com/dhobson123/html/Page_1x.html

(This is our up-coming ALL DIGITAL MODE VHF/UHF CONTEST coming up in FEB 08, 2003...please join in!)

We really are trying to make an effort to increase the use of VHF/UHF for digital operators or try to promote experimentation and different uses of the bands...Thanks for looking

de kb9umt Don EN50dp

WD6EJN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 02:41:21 PM »

I would like to visit your Yahoo Group as soon as I
ask what would probably seem like a dumb question since the cw mode is considered antiquated aparently by most hams.
I wish I knew the secret to recruitment of members as
I had none in over three years to my yahoo group for hams with antenna restrictions.
I know a little about packet as I can also hear the
packet bursts (eeeesspflump) on 144.39, but... If I hook an iambic keyer to an analogue to digital a/d converter then to the mic input of a digital handie talkie,,, assuming we are not talking about packet and a continuace "data stream is present",, can I further filter the rf waveform to a very narrow band signal?
Although I know that the receiver of an ssb or cw rig
determines the bandwith to as little as 50 hertz or less (especially using dsp)the transmitter can
be as wide as 50 khz or even am,, what is the slowest clocking speed I can hook up (externally) to the handie talkie to make the output very narrow? and what speed would I have to send (I rarely send over 12 wpm anyway)
would the speed say over 20 wpm have any effect on the bandwidth?
This would be very usefull to the paying members of my club (a little plug there) as even a 1 watt cw or ssb signal can be picked up on antequated consumer electronics equipment.
What is the bandwidth of a packet signal and what typically is the effect on consumer electronics equipment? I know if I send a very fast burst of cw
say 20-35 wpm every five minutes or so,, my neighbors
poorly shielded tv will cause him to have a fit!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: