Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Clubs In Fort Campbell Area?  (Read 2144 times)
KC0DMS

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2001, 03:48:55 PM »

Hi, I have been here for about a month now and can't seem to find any type of Ham activity in the local area.Anyone living near Fort Campbell know of any clubs? I am wanting to become more active on the air bands.I have not done much with Ham Radio.

73's  Sal
WA4PTZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2001, 05:23:32 AM »

I know there is a club in Clarksville. They were
very active during the recent Tornado that
destroyed much of downtown Clarksville.
They have a 2 meter repeater listed with SERA
and they sponsor a tail-gate party in the Spring.
I haven't heard anything about Hopkinsville.
You can look at the Southeastern Repeater
Association webpage : sera.org  ( I think)
N4VUQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2002, 05:12:45 PM »

Clarksville has a club - check www.PBsSunshine@aol.com
There are 2 repeaters, 147.390 & 147.000. There is I believe a club in Hopkinsville w/repeater on 147.030w/PLof 103.5 - try Gerry Downey;kd4ule@charter.net. I see this is an old post so maybe you've a club by now.  Good luck & 73 n4vuq
W1KLM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 11:55:22 AM »

Clarksville Amateur Transmitting Society.
Meeting Jan, 31, 6:30 pm,, I think.

http://www.kf4l.org/
KG4LMU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 11:53:55 AM »

I would suggest looking into the cadiz or hopkinsville area clubs. Unless you enjoy political rederic and operator profiling I would stay away from both the nashville and clarkston club. They tend to frown on people with opinions and that arent politicly correct. I know this because I have had the experience and its no thrill. There are better people on the simplex frequency's within that local that do not affiliate with either of these groups. Try 146.580 there are cool people there you just have to look for them like Kg4lzy and others!
KB4POA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 01:42:00 PM »

The local club CATS meets the last thursday of each month at Maries Wagon Wheel restraunt at 18:30. The repeater will start announcing the meeting a few days prior. Everyone is welcome. The local club repeater is 147.390 + Tone is 123.00. If you do not have tone you can transmitt DTMF tone seq of 903 to turn tone off.
The repeater is open to all. There is a local net that meets wed at 19:00 on the club repeater.
There is also a privately owned 2 meter repeater on 147.00 + This repeater is open to all.  
K2CPE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2002, 06:19:24 AM »

Which state? There are "Ft. Campbell" in more than one state. To search, go to http://www.arrl.org/ and on the upper left side of the home page click on "clubs".....which will open a page where you can search by name or zip code, etc. and you can set distance parameters also. Of course (as far as I know) they only list ARRL affilitated clubs....but most Ham clubs are ARRL affilitated anyway.
K3UD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 10:30:42 AM »

Hello,

The Pennyrile Amateur Radio Society (PARS) meets the first Friday of every month at 7PM at the Hopkinsville Red Cross building on South Main St. The repeater frequency is 147.030 (no PL) with nets on Sunday  and Tuesday evening.  Clarksville also has a club which meets on Thursday evenings, repeater 147.390. There are almost 300 hams in the Clarksville/Hopkinsville SMA.

George
K3UD
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 04:01:22 PM »

When I went to a new posting, I would check with
the DCSIM as the custodian for any military
recreation station would be there.

Also, look for antenna farms.  Post MARS station,
HF Radio Branch, Ham club etc.

It may be that 5th Group has a big HF station
like 3rd Group has at Bragg.  TALL tower and
stacked LPDAs.  You probably will find some hams there.

73 de Ronnie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: