Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 10 Meter SSB Club  (Read 1920 times)
KB9OJS

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2002, 05:55:57 PM »

Hello,
    KB9OJS ans KC0MVL have started a new club in the St Louis area. The club is called the THREE RIVERS RADIO CLUB and our meeting freq. is 28.325 USB. We are a Ground Wave club For the STL area, but we welcome members from all over the world. Membership is free, but you must have the privledges or plan to get them to be able to join. We are currently looking for members that can help this club get off the ground. In the future, we will have field day activities, meetings, and special event stations. to visit us, please go to http://www.geocities.com/johnkb9ojs/home.html

Thank you from the whole gang at TRRC,
                                John Bunyan, KB9OJS  
KE6PKJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 09:09:24 AM »

You mentioned that you want to be a Ground wave club, but your looking for new members to get off the ground. Isn't that a contradiction of your stated goal?  hihi.

KE6PKJ
KB9OJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 01:03:21 PM »

The club will be using Ground Wave at night when the band is dead. We will be using the ionosphere during the day to talk to our freinds around the USA. Our primary goal is to promote local 10 meter use as an alternative to the repeaters. Since we just started up, we are looking for anybody who would like to join us, even if it means we can only talk to them during the day.

Hope that clears some things up,
John Bunyan, KB9OJS
Three Rivers Radio Club
President and Founder

come and join us at http://www.geocities.com/johnkb9ojs/home.html
N5LXI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 05:56:00 PM »

Great idea!
PHINEAS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 11:57:42 AM »

I think you could have considered calling it a "GroundWave" club, rather than just for 10 meters. 6 meters is another great band for local chat.

Phineas
K0KMA
KB5LPA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 11:07:21 PM »

Good idea. In my area, we have a 10 meter group that meets every Tuesday/Thursday evening at 02:00 utc on 28.410. Mostly local however in the 2 years we have been on, we have worked 30 states,all of Canada(provinces) a VK and ZL. Ground wave is ok, but never count out Mother Nature! Good luck!
WA4PTZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 07:45:14 AM »

Sounds like 10-10 International to me...or maybe an
opportunity . The basic intentions of the club seem
to be changing even before the club is a club. And
who says you can't make money off Amateur Radio ?
I hope that's not what this is about.
73 - Tim
WN3VAW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 09:41:36 PM »

Three Rivers?  Which three?  Certainly must be easier to pronounce than THE Three Rivers... Monongahela, Allegheny, which meet & merge at Pittsburgh's Point to form the Ohio... gee, we even used to have a cigarette dish, er, all-purpose stadium named after them...

Seriously, good luck.  It's a great idea.  And don't let those telling you that "it's just like 10-X" dissuade you, after all, Ten-Ten itself wasn't that original an idea.  And if you'd like more information on how successful (over 50 years, and that's just as a hamfest sponsor) a ten-meter only group can be, go to www.breezeshooters.net.  "You see, it CAN be done!"

73, ron wn3vaw
KB9OJS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

Three Rivers: Illinois, Mississippi, and Missouri

Hope this clears things up 73 de KB9OJS
KB9OJS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 10:15:09 PM »

A NOTE FROM KB9OJS,

1. I'm not trying to copy ten-ten, TO JOIN ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SIGN UP, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TALK TO 10 TEN TEN CLUB MEMBERS AND THEN SEND US A MEMBERSHIP FEE. THE ONLY OBLIGATION IS THAT YOU MUST BE A TECH/W HF OR HIGHER, OR BE INVITED BY A MEMBER OF THE CLUB.

2.The intenetions of the club HAVE NEVER CHANGED. The whole point of this club is TO PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE TO USING REPEATERS.

3.You are right, who says you can't make money off of a club. I MIGHT CARE IF WE HAD TO PAY FOR CLUB EXPENSES(CLUB STATION, MEETING LOCATION, REPEATER, ETC.)  

BOTTOM LINE: THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN YOU'RE MOUTH.
N5QDY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 03:15:58 AM »

I hope the club is going well.  I think using 10 meters locally is a great idea.  I mean, so many people have 10 meter rigs around, it would be a shame not to put them to work.  We should do this in Little Rock, or maybe they already have.

Scott
N5QDY
N5QDY

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 03:16:01 AM »

I hope the club is going well.  I think using 10 meters locally is a great idea.  I mean, so many people have 10 meter rigs around, it would be a shame not to put them to work.  We should do this in Little Rock, or maybe they already have.

Scott
N5QDY
KB9OJS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

Right now, things are kinda slow, I am hoping for more activity when the sunspots fizzle out.

Ten meters is great because it has the local talking power of CB(I have nothing against CB, infact I have one in my truck) without all the garbage and rudeness.

73's de John Bunyan KB9OJS Amateur Extra Class
KC0OVT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 10:37:41 PM »

sounds like a money scam to me as well!  just another copy of the 10-10 net.  and the money from the 10-10 international net goes to a good cause what is wrong with that?
KB9OJS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2004, 03:13:31 PM »

Let me know when you grow a brain brian.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: