Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to start a club at Grand Valley State Univ  (Read 824 times)
KC8RFC

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2004, 05:09:19 PM »

If there is anyone interested in started back up a Amature Radio Club at Grand Valley State please email me! Im trying to find other hams or other people who are interested in the hobby!

GVSURADIOCLUBeham@antisectionals.cjb.net

'73
  KC8RFC
KD5RHF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 07:02:24 PM »

The amateur radio club at Oklahoma State University was just revived this school year.  First, you need to find a faculty advisor.  Second, get active on local repeaters and weekly nets.  That is how I found two out of the three members that I have recruited.  Does your school still have a "Shack"?
Check out the webpage http://www.w5yj.org/

Kevin
KD5RHF
Vice-President W5YJ club
KC2FDQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 05:39:44 PM »

I'm also trying to start a ham radio club at Marist College.  If anyone in the area is interested, please let me know.

As you said, before you find a faculty advisor, you need to generate interest in an amateur radio club.  If people are not interested in it, then your school might not let you start the club.  If possible, see if you can get the President/Treasurer/Secretary of your AM or FM radio club interested.
KC8RFC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 10:58:14 PM »

Well so far I have found a couple teachers that are hams. One soundes extreamly excited about the idea. He even offered at being an advisor. Next school year I will have to try to find some students interested!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: