Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tempo One Audio Mods  (Read 835 times)
WJ1T

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »

Does anyone know of a mod to the Henry Tempo One audio circuit that will give the radio a more natural (lower) sound? I have tried a Shure unamplified model 522 mike that required me to speak loudly, a D-104 amplified mike that sounds tinny, and a Turner +3 mike that also sounds tinny, although less than the D-104. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks & 73. Steve, WJ1T
KC5UZD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 05:40:28 PM »

My dad had one all my years growing up, and I remember a Naval officer telling him (over the air) how to do the Tempo One audio mod. I remember him telling dad that the Tempo One has a built-in voice amplifier, used only for factory testing. It involved clipping a jumper wire on the board. Dad did it while the guy was telling him. He used a Turner +3 mic and kept the gain control set at 1/2 way. His radio really did have an impressive sound to it. My dad can probably tell you more. E-mail me, and I'll give you his e-mail address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: