Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion Topics for February/March Club Meetings  (Read 795 times)
N3PAQ

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:19:44 AM »

Discussion Topics for February/March Club Meetings

On February 23, there will be many more hams with operating privileges on the HF bands.  It seems like a good idea to have an introduction to HF discussion to discuss things like propagation, antennas, operating procedures, etc. Maybe get into detail about 10 meters,
since all technicians, even no code techs will have access to a portion of the 10 meter band beginning Feb 23rd.

Joe
N3PAQ
W5RB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:43:07 AM »

Excellent idea , Joe . I'd been thinking such a topic should also include keeping a proper log , which a lot of folks will be doing for the first time .That topic easily leads to QSLing and awards chasing .The ARRL Operating Manual would probably be a good source for a series of talks .Might be we could ALL use it .We'll all be better off if we give this new batch of HF hams some serious elmering .Every station in the U.S. oughta have a handful of guest ops working 10 on the Saturday following the change .We'll most likely be be taking the club station portable here , as part of the MS QSO Party .Maybe we'll hear your group at W5FQ .

Russ , W5RB
W9JDH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:50:48 AM »

Along with the above mentioned topics, I think it would be a good time to welcome the Technicians to their new priveleges. I remember when the FCC made the ruling on the "No Code" Technician license, and all the next meeting centered on how bad this would be for Amateur Radio. A couple months later, one of the new licensees put on a talk and demonstration of packet radio, and offered to install a digipeater for all to use.

What I am trying to say is I believe we will gain a more diverse group of hams that will further help to advance the technology we now have. As far as the issue with CW, I believe some of the newcomers will get interested in it and learn and use it on their own initiative.

Please, lets make something positive out of this, and help our hobby grow.

Jimmy,  W9JDH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: