Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a joke?  (Read 2079 times)
N2NXZ

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »

I dont know the purpose of this club.Seems kinda strange I thought.I guess I dont see the point of it.>>>    http://www.rara.org/
G4GXL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:47:37 PM »

Why do you think it's a joke ?
The purpose of the club is stated very clearly on their home page under a heading - 'Purpose'.

Strange ? Not at all. I belong to a group who operate portable rigs using QRP on full moon nights. Especially in Winter. Now that's strange ;-)
See http://www.n3epa.org/Pages/PolarBear.htm
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:12:51 PM »

I guess I figured that all ham operators use the same rules and frequencies.Color,religion or sexual preferences dont seem to be necessary.The best part of being a Ham operator is the fact that none of that kind of stuff really matters.Ugly ,Fat ,Bald...All 3?Whats the point ?
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 11:32:46 AM »

There are all sorts of commom-interest sub-cultures in amateur radio - hams that are ministers, hams that are doctors, hams that are pilots and so forth. Many of them have their own associations. So there's a group of openly gay hams? So what?

No one is forcing you to read their web page, join their group of even talk to them.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:01:06 PM »

The best part of being a Ham operator is the fact that none of that kind of stuff really matters.Ugly ,Fat ,Bald...All 3?Whats the point ?
THERAGE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »

"No one is forcing you to read their web page, join their group of even talk to them."

Bingo!!! Just move on, Jimmy.
KB9RQZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:09 AM »

given the number of Ham that enage in gay bashing retoric and threats I would think part of the purpose is obvious (if you doubt that such exist I refer to the archives of RRAP on the usenet currently it is a minor matter) but with varius different gruops within ham radio why not and why should it be considered a joke
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 05:06:09 PM »

I wasnt trying to be wise at all.I thought it was a goofy ploy is all.No harmful intentions,I really love amateur radio and having political issues or seperation of certain groups just sucks in this hobby.
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »

Anyhow,enough of this post.It was taken the wrong way.Here is what led me to the site.I was looking for RARA of Rochester NY.     http://www.rochesterham.org/
W6TH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

After reading the past 8 or 9 posts, I didn't bother logging on to the web site.

Gotta run, got a fone call.

.:
THERAGE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »

<Gotta run, got a fone call.>

That's funny, OM. I thought you only did CW? LOL  

KX8N

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 11:27:13 AM »

"Strange ? Not at all. I belong to a group who operate portable rigs using QRP on full moon nights. Especially in Winter. Now that's strange ;-)"

I would have to say that is indeed stranger than RARA Smiley  

It's a specialized group.  That's no different than having a Vet's only group, a youth group, or an EME group.  I wouldn't mind having a group for musicians myself.
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »

I guess any group is acceptable,until they put the word GOD associated with it.   Smiley
WQ3T

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »

What do they do on straight key night?
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »

Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: