Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club promotion and fund raising  (Read 800 times)
KE5JLI

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2006, 08:22:57 AM »

The club here for years has been an entirely hidden entity.  The only people that knew of our existence have been the courthouse where we hold our monthly meetings and the waitresses at the local restaurant where we have a monthly breakfast meeting.  Being a relatively new ham of less than a year, I guess I still possess a considerable amount more energy and drive than the "old timers" in the club.  As such, I have created an entirely new club logo and website, and this year for the first time in our clubs history, we entered a float in the local Christmas parade.  

Now, we need to stay on pace with spreading the word about amateur radio and attracting new club members.  Of course anything that would really work will require money.  We need to begin procuring funds for promotional materials and equipment.  I have been tossing around ideas to bring to the club but need some suggestions.  The only thing I can think of that seems do-able is a raffle for the ever popular Wal-Mart gift certificate.  We do currently plan on having a booth at the local county fair this year and would probably be a perfect time to hold such a raffle.

I hope someone can provide some suggestion in other areas that we can raise funds while at the same time spread the word about amateur radio.  Suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

Craig Bakkala
KE5JLI
www.GreeneCountyARC.net
KE4IAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »

Just out of curiosity have you placed your club in the links page and see how others rate you?  

Check ours out it got flaming reviews!

www.10-6-club.com

Good Luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: