Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Straight Key Century Club  (Read 1481 times)
KI4KQQ

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2006, 04:37:37 PM »

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skcc/
W2BLC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:38:09 AM »

The primary web site for the SKCC is: http://www.skccgroup.com/

The new SKCC forum is at:
http://www.skccgroup.com/phpBB2/index.php

For those interested in all aspects of CW:
http://www.radiotelegraphy.net
W2RDD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »

I was happy to add my call to the SKCC organization. Principally to add to the declared number of involved cw operators on the air. Strong numbers to those who  think, or hope, that cw is on the decline. Not  interested in Yahoo chat though wouldn't mind seeing a genuine web site.

The above comments also apply to that other great organization, FISTS.
73 and keep the cw coming.
WA2JSG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 06:37:12 AM »

A friend introduced me to this SKN Century forum last night.  I will join.
Curt  WA2JSG  NJ
AI0F

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »

I am a member of FISTS and eagerly joined SKCC (#201) when it began. However, I am now somewhat disappointed that they have changed to include "bugs". Anyone that has any experience with these know that if the person using one isn't very, very good..they are very, very difficult to copy. I do not include bugs in my definition of "straight key". I also seem to have a hard time finding anyone on looking for SKCC members on a regular basis.
AC4R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »

I joined SKCC in July of 07 . This is a great group if you are into cw and straight key work. There are a lot of SKCC members active on the bands around the calling freqs. They also have an interactive live sked page where you can set up skeds real time. They are over 3300 strong in less than two years. Once the word gets out i believe SKCC will be the leader in cw clubs.  A great bunch of guys, and i have been having a blast on my K-5 Chinese PLA military key. There is no fee to join, and you are issued a member number for life.

AC4R
Fred
AC4R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »

I joined SKCC in July of 07 . This is a great group if you are into cw and straight key work. There are a lot of SKCC members active on the bands around the calling freqs. They also have an interactive live sked page where you can set up skeds real time. They are over 3300 strong in less than two years. Once the word gets out i believe SKCC will be the leader in cw clubs.  A great bunch of guys, and i have been having a blast on my K-5 Chinese PLA military key. There is no fee to join, and you are issued a member number for life.

AC4R
Fred
W2RDD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 04:49:26 AM »

SKCC does have a Forum but lacks serious participation. Hopefully, SKCC will continue to support and promote the use of straight keys and not become an all-things to all-people organization...I am referring to all-things cw...bugs, keyers, keyboards. FISTS does a good job of that.

The on-line publication is really very well done. Very professional looking.

SKCC is my personal favorite, tied with NAQCC which is a group of QRPers promoting simple gear and antennas, and essentially, straight key operating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: