Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BroadBanding a Yaesu FT-757GX?  (Read 1707 times)
KB3DMY

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2004, 07:29:39 AM »

How can I open up my Yaesu FT-757GX reason for doing so is I am joining MARS and need it opened up to transmit on MARS freq's any help posted THANKS in advance

KB3DMY
N2HBX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:24:00 AM »

Good God Man!

Are you CRAZY asking for mods here??

I'm surprised the Mod Cops haven't flamed you to death already regarding the evils and the moral and ethical issues surrounding a radio mod, even if it is for a legitimate reason.

(Now climbing down from my soapbox)

Seriously, though, go to www.mods.dk  They have the info you need for your mod as well as some other technical tidbits on your radio.

Best wishes and thanks for wanting to contribute to the MARS program.

Larry N2HBX
KB3DMY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 12:03:35 PM »

WOW I didnt know it was a crime to ask...LOL some of us just cannot run to AES or another ham outlet and fork over 1 to 2500.00 USD just to get a rig that transmits on MARS freq's.I have been to that site and havent found anything that helps what they say to look for doesnt exist in my rig and if it did it would open up the power to 100 watts on all bands,freq's ssb,am,fm and that I DONT want 5 to 10 watts is fine by me.......I dont need 100 watts 5 watts is better anyway......

THANKS
KB3DMY
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 05:22:18 PM »

Check with your SMD, they often have such
files.  I think that was also a Heathkit,
too.  So you might try there.

73 de Ronnie

WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 08:42:12 PM »

No, it's not a crime to ask...
     But you will find it VERY difficult indeed to find an Amateur Radio that allows a mod for ONLY the MARS (or MARS and CAP) frequencies.  The "mods" will usually open the transmitter section for full frequency (1-30 MHz,+/- a few kHz) coverage and full power.  THAT is why some operators get a bit defensive about unauthorized or indiscriminate modification of radios.  It is up to the owner or user of a modified radio to ensure that they operate within the power level and frequencies allowed by their license.  OOPS! is not allowed by the FCC when it comes to out-of-band (or out of privilege) operation.
    That said, your MARS group leader should be able to provide you with the necessary information; also, the manufacturer will normally provide the information for a "mod" with proof of participation in MARS.  Good luck.
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 09:25:06 PM »

Welcome Aboard!

Fortunately, the mod for your rig is VERY simple and takes just a few minutes with no soldering or unsoldering.

Your SMD can supply you with the details if you haven't already found the mod on QRZ.com. Smiley

Hope you joind Navy-Marince Corps MARS.

Lon NNN0OOR / NNN0GAW ONE
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 09:28:53 PM »

<<  some of us just cannot run to AES or another ham outlet and fork over 1 to 2500.00 USD just to get a rig that transmits on MARS freq's.>>

Every ham rig has to be modified to transmit outside the ham bands. There are none on the market that do "out of the box".

OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 06:47:52 PM »

the 757GX will work MARS without mods... the VFO is over range enough.

If you are asking about a freeband mod, email me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: