Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack D. Wilk K2KDQ Memorial Station  (Read 1035 times)
K5SEP

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2005, 07:06:50 AM »

I recently e-mailed members of our old Knight Raiders VHF Club about obtaining a new vanity call sign. Jack D. Wilk, K2KDQ/N2DXP of my hometown Passaic, New Jersey was one of the early members of the KRVHFC in the fifties. As a tennager he gradually served as an officer of the KRVHFC for decades, mainly as it's President. He was personally responsible for "Elmering" many new amateurs and club members. I know because I was one of them during the late 1960' through 1976. I then moved to New Mexico where I continued my VHF and above operations as WB5YYX. In his memory we are getting back K2KDQ (a 1950's call sign) for a Jack D. Wilk Memorial Station. We will use it for special events, VHF contesting, etc. Since many of the KRVHFC attend the Dayton Hamvention we will begin using it there in 2006! I am proud to be part of honoring Jack's contributions to amateur radio and keeping his memory going through this effort.

Bob Scupp K5SEP
Kilowatt Five Sporadic E Propagation
WA2AQC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »

Hey, Bob,
    I knew Jack since 1958.  I was in RACES Passaic County for 5 years.  I didn't know the date he died, but I used to help him go shopping to that Good Deal supermarket up on Main Ave. next to Brook Ave.
  He was a rare person, indeed.  He had a great, wonderful sense of humor and always a positive view.
   I am in Florida, now for 3 years, but I miss Passaic and that whole area, and era, alot.
    Did you go to PHS?  If so, what year?  I don't remember your name.  'til soon.....
                                    Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: