Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-706 on 60 meters  (Read 398 times)
KL7IPV

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2004, 03:55:24 AM »

I just bought my third Icom 706. This is the "G" model and third in their series. Before I bought the radio I found an instruction sheet online in PDF on how to set up the frequencies for 60 meters in the radio. I did that. I got a call from the manager of the store that sold me the radio and was told NOT to use the 706 on 60 meters. The radio has been opened up so I could use those frequencies. I was told that the instruction sheet was NOT the work of Icom and in fact using 60 meters with the 706, 746 and others may kill the HF PA. I bought the new "G" because my MkII lost it's finals on HF. Has anyone else used their Icom radio on 60 meters and experienced the loss of HF output due the final PA being killed? Mine is in the shop now to be seviced. Maybe anyone thinking of using their Icom on 60 meters should wait until that question is resolved. For me, I am off that band until Icom makes the use more clear.
Frank
KL7IPV
AJ0HH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 02:04:41 AM »

When I purchased mine this past June (Radio City in Minnesota), I had the modification done right at the store and no one, even the tech mentioned anything about this.  I have not used it as of yet on 60 meters so don't know if it will kill the PA or not.

Joe, KØCFI
KI4CFS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:13:31 PM »

Do you know any clear web instructions on making the 60 meters mod for the IC-706MKIIG ?

KI4CFS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: