Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TM-G707 off freq  (Read 264 times)
KC5NIS

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2005, 06:51:43 AM »

I have a kenwood TM-G707 that is 3 years old.  One day while listening to a station on 70 cm,  the station simply disappeared. After a while I discovered that the radio tx and rx are off by 100 khz.  In tx and rx the freq is unstable and travels up and down 100 khz. I wonder if anyone else has seen this problem before.  The radio seems to be fine on 2 mtrs but usless on 440.  When scanning the radio will pause on a 440 signal for a half second and then the signal drops out because of the drift.  If any one has had this problem fixed by kenwood, i would be interested to know what they replaced.  
                  Thanks,
                  Randy
W7STS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 12:51:36 PM »

You might want to check and see if you have inadvertently put it in the "am" receive mode.  I did that to mine on two meters, and it sounded as if it was off freq, and the quick fix was to reset the VFO.  Might not be the same problem but Gary at HRO Phx saved me a repair bill and gave an education too.  Good Luck

Rick
KC5NIS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 02:34:19 PM »

Problem fixed,   There was a transistor on the PC board that was not a surface mount component.  It looked like a part that had to be manualy installed.  One leg of the transistor hung over a cutout in the board and only had solder on one side.  It was soldered at the factory but a  couple of years of under the seat vibration must have broken it loose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: