Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Shack HTX-202  (Read 2224 times)
W6HST

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2006, 01:45:09 PM »

Hi: I have a HTX-202 and can rcv. but can't transmit. When i push the PTT all i gt is a TX but no light-bar?? Has anyone had this problem and how would i remedy this. Thanks ahead of time.

Willie w6hst

wharris@value.net
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 10:54:17 AM »

First thing to check is if the battery is charged.  Most radios will receive long after they are unable to transmit due to low battery voltage.
    Second thing would be to try running the radio off an external power source, not the battery.  If it works OK with external power, the problem could simply be a weak or dying battery.
    Third thing is to make sure the antenna is properly connected; try a different antenna or a dummy load.  If there's an internal short or open circuit in the rubber duck antenna, the transmitter will shut down because of a high SWR.  (That's to prevent self-destruction.)
    Keep us informed if that's not the problem.
W6HST

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:53:36 PM »

Hi: Thanks for the reply. Battery is ok. I am running it on the 12 volt
power supply and with no battery pack. I am running it on a outside antenna
and it receivs real well. When i want to transmit (TX) i get no light bar. I
don't know if something came loose or not. My HTX-404 works real well. I
don't know if to open it up or not. Not to really good on that. Could be something loose.

Thanks..Willie..w6hst
KE3HO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »

The HTX-202 (and the HTX-404) have a menu setting to disable TX. Check to make sure this isn't set.

73 - Jim
W6HST

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 08:33:42 AM »

Thanks for the reply. The TX comes up but no light bars to show that i am transmiting. Everything seems to be allright?Huh

willie w6hst
KA8VIT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 05:14:34 PM »

A couple common problems with the 202's are...

The antenna connection at the bottom of the case weakened or broken, and the other, the output transistor burning up, especially in the ones with a 25000 serial number and lower.

Bill KA8VIT
W6HST

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 02:55:50 PM »

Hi I want to thank all that helped me with my HTX-202. Checked it out and it is burnt in side. Don't think it is worth fixing. Learnt alot about it. My friend has it and tinkering with it.
Thanks again to all.

willie w6hst
N3JWN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 11:21:21 AM »

will repair the htx-202 for $70.00 + parts usually the rf out put did you hook the 12 dc external power supply theres no diode protection for rev polarity ..I have repaired a dozen or so rigs like this contact me @rgbn3jwn@aol.com if I cant repair possibly will purchuse from you for parst ok thanks Dick / n3jwn
KG7FDX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

will repair the htx-202 for $70.00 + parts usually the rf out put did you hook the 12 dc external power supply theres no diode protection for rev polarity ..I have repaired a dozen or so rigs like this contact me @rgbn3jwn@aol.com if I cant repair possibly will purchuse from you for parst ok thanks Dick / n3jwn

Tried to email Dick (above) and it bounced.

Anyone have a better or updated contact for him? I have a couple of HTX-202's that need repair.

Or is there anyone else out there who repairs these?

Thanks,

Joe
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:42:50 PM by KG7FDX » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: