Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Heil and Heil Sound  (Read 18085 times)
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »

Everybody has their good points--and their bad.  After all, Heil Sound lets RadioMart market their wares!

I too cannot fathom how Heil Sound would associate their good name with Martyn Allison / Radio-Mart. Did anyone there ever google "radio-mart" and read the horror stories from around the world ? Guess not.

I just sent a email to Heil Sound voicing my displeasure about this. I think if enough people also did they would get the point .

See :  http://hammieradio.blogspot.com/2010/12/martyn-allison.html  , Read the bottom post ( from just a few days ago ) ...Is this the way a "professional" business acts ? 
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

apparently the link will not work so I will just cut and paste what Martyn wrote just a few days ago :

MartynDecember 3, 2012 11:18 AM

All good publicity from where I sit,, now let me put you all straight, I decided myself to no longer sell on eBay, hey with my own web site www.radio-mart.net why on earth would I want to pay their fees? doesnt make good business sense to me, now as far as any scams,, why have I never been taken to court?, Schill bidding,, why would I want to do that, I get enough for my products without lowering myself to that illegal practise, Why am I a BBB A+ member, why would Heil, LDG and many other reputable businesses deal with me if I was soooo bad, a handful of idiots have their opinion but they also have lied. and as for threats, hmm be very careful there.
IRS,, call them,, heck I had an audit this year,, they paid me back $16 so thank you to the idiot who put a link to the IRS to have me investigated,, Attorney General,, never met him,, but what I do know is there are a small handful of lying good for nothing idiots out there who have nothing better to do with their time, the more gossip about me the more the search engines like to put my company at the top hence my response here, those who keep it up please continue as its good for me.
Oh and Finally to those who have been barred from QTH.com and QRZ.com, ask yourself why the owners would do that, basically because you lie, threaten and spread gossip and have been proved wrong. Later,, 73s Martyn K4TEC

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »

The link works--just remove the last symbol from the address.

It's interesting to note that most of the comments were from his wife--and most of those have been removed--by the author.

As far as the association between Heil Sound and RadioMart, since I will never buy from RadioMart or the Allisons--no matter how many places they try to sell--that doesn't mean that Heil Sound isn't a good company.  It may just mean that they've gotten so big by being so good that their staff can't track every little discrepancy that comes along, and RadioMart simply slipped through the cracks--like sh*t usually does!
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »

Interesting to say the least, but according to the Lexington,ky BBB, RADIOMART is listed as a NON-ACCREDITED BUSINESS. Would Martyn lie to us about this?  Oh, one more thing. I can't recall a single time when he was able to disprove any of the allegations lodged against him. I DO, however remember when some of the allegations he has made against some have been proven to be untrue.

apparently the link will not work so I will just cut and paste what Martyn wrote just a few days ago :

MartynDecember 3, 2012 11:18 AM

All good publicity from where I sit,, now let me put you all straight, I decided myself to no longer sell on eBay, hey with my own web site www.radio-mart.net why on earth would I want to pay their fees? doesnt make good business sense to me, now as far as any scams,, why have I never been taken to court?, Schill bidding,, why would I want to do that, I get enough for my products without lowering myself to that illegal practise, Why am I a BBB A+ member, why would Heil, LDG and many other reputable businesses deal with me if I was soooo bad, a handful of idiots have their opinion but they also have lied. and as for threats, hmm be very careful there.
IRS,, call them,, heck I had an audit this year,, they paid me back $16 so thank you to the idiot who put a link to the IRS to have me investigated,, Attorney General,, never met him,, but what I do know is there are a small handful of lying good for nothing idiots out there who have nothing better to do with their time, the more gossip about me the more the search engines like to put my company at the top hence my response here, those who keep it up please continue as its good for me.
Oh and Finally to those who have been barred from QTH.com and QRZ.com, ask yourself why the owners would do that, basically because you lie, threaten and spread gossip and have been proved wrong. Later,, 73s Martyn K4TEC

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 03:03:23 PM by K9XR » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »

That's interesting...It looks as if Martyn / radio-mart IS NOT a BBB accredited business but he is claiming to be.

Once again ( since this thread is supposed to be about Heil Sound ) , drop them a line at : info@heilsound.com   and voice your opinion to them.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

I think Heil Sound is a fantastic company selling
excellent products and having great customer
service.

I recently contacted them via email with a problem
I was having with my long-out-of warranty Proset.
(No audio in one earphone).
My email was sent late at night and there was a
lengthy response in my inbox the very next morning.

Their reply indicated that the problem was most
likely a failure of the phase reversal switch, since
it was that side that lacked audio.  They
told me my options were:

1) Repair the unit myself by bypassing that switch.
Precise and clear directions on how to do this
were included.
(I thought that the earphones were
sealed units and that getting behind that switch would
require cutting into the earphone unit. But no, they told
me exactly how to disassemble the earphone,
remove the speaker, and bypass the switch.
  Grin
2) Purchase the switch from them ($8) and replace
it myself. Again, precise and complete instructions were given.
3) Send the headest in for switch replacement by Heil.
4) Send the headset in for a complete "refurbishment".

I disassembled the earphone and completed the phase
reversal switch bypass very easily as instructed by Heil
with no difficulties. (I never used the switch anyway).
The headset now works as before. I'm very happy!

Quite a few companies would have just said;
"Send it in for repair, it will cost you $XX".
I was very pleased that Heil took the time to
explain the repair procedure to me, saving me
time, money, and product down time.

Heil Sound has great customer service.
These guys are hams helping hams, not just
hams selling ham stuff. Two thumbs up in my book!

73, Ken  AD6KA
N2ADV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »

I need to get motivated to try to get ahold of them and see if they can do something with my Goldline 5. When I got it the HC-5 element didn't work at all so I sent it in. Everyone said it sounded better than the wide range after I got it back so that's what I've used all these years. I hit the wide range on accident the other day, and everyone said they could barely hear me and I noticed it was barely driving the radio. I think something is wrong with that element too...
Ok, I am having the exact same issue with my GM-5 and the wide element.  The HC-5 works fine but little or no response from the wide element.  At some point I will drop them an e-mail but have been afraid to do so.  If you find out what the issue is before me, can you let me know?  I'll do so in turn!
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »

EVERY call I have EVER placed to HEIL was answered by BOB HEIL.I thought it was strange but it's a fact.Had TWO bad audio cables when I purchased my PR-20 several years ago & Bob thought the issue was with my ICOM 756 PROII but it for sure was BOTH of the HEIL cables were BAD.Bob had NO ISSUES replacing them at no cost.Bob I think is a GREAT guy & I would not hesitate to buy his products in the future. Grin

Clayton
W4KVW 
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »

I recently sent my Heil Pro-Set Elite into Heil Sound's "Hospital" for repair. One of the side swivels broke. I sent them a note stating that the headset was only months old and that I did not have a receipt as I won the headset as a club meeting door prize. I gave them my CC info and I expected to pay a reasonable fee for repair.

A few weeks later, I was very pleased and surprised to receive from them a brand new headset with a note that it was replaced at no cost under warranty. No charge was made to me.

This is just incredible and fantastic customer service!   In this day and age this is really unusual and quite welcome. I have always received great support from Heil Sound. They always exceed my expectations.

Paul N6PSE
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »

Yeah, Bob's a good guy.  He can get a little cranked up with opinion about how things should be done, but that just means he's passionate and cares a lot. 

Love his products.  The PR781 mic on the IC-7700 is fabulous.

WY4J

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »

Definitely a good person, a good ham and a good businessman. If Mr. Heil had a penny for all the good thoughts and wishes bestowed upon him during his lifetime be would be a multi-billionaire.
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »

Heil is top quality equipment. I just ordered a new PR781 mic, PL2T boom, flush mount base, hand switch, the double foot switch, headphone set with mic also, all adapters to make it all work. It all just plugged in and worked perfect. The quality of the gear is second to none. Everything was of premium quality. Microphone was much larger, super heavy, well built unit. I was impressed with the total quality. The fact he is a ham too is an extra bonus, in the fact, he knows what we are after. Top notch, first class products.  Wink

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 08:35:11 AM »

I have never met or talked to Bob Heil so I can't comment about him personally.  

What I can comment on is the Heil Proset with the Icom cartridge. I bought mine from Elecraft when I bought my K3. The flat cable they use to connect to the rig is always getting tangled up like spaghetti.  Why don't they use a coiled cable like the one's used on my old D-104 and most other old mikes? 

The audio reports I get are very, very good but the product looks like it was made in China and doesn't look very robust.

My phase switch broke and I'm only getting sound at out of one ear.  The headphone is out of warranty so I either learn how to fix this on my own or I buy a new Proset.

There is room for improvements in product quality but like all manufacturers Heil is likely seeking out the lowest cost parts and labor.  

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:47:16 AM by NU1O » Logged
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »

My phase switch broke and I'm only getting sound at out of one ear.  The headphone is out of warranty so I either learn how to fix this on my own or I buy a new Proset.

Even if your Proset is out of warranty, try calling Heilsound and see if there is anything they can do. But be prepared because Bob may actually answer the phone himself! 618-257-3000
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: