Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend a good Icom tech in Phoenix?  (Read 353 times)
W7ARE

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »

I am just getting back into HAM radio and purchased an IC-718. This last weekend with all the QRN, QRM and static crashes has convinced me that I need a good CW filter of the 400 or 500 Hz variety. Problem is, I called H.R.O. and they don't do any radio mods or repair. I live 3 hours N.E. from Phoenix, but they are the only HAM radio shop I know of in the Phoenix area or north. Can anyone recommend a good tech to do the mod in Phoenix or northern Arizona?
W7ARE
Marque French
(928)524-4009
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:33 AM »

The IC-718 has a drop in slot for the FL-52A(M) CW filter. Unless you are afraid to open the radio, It doesn't require any technical skill. Good luck.

73, de Lindy
W7ARE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:14:21 AM »

Hi Lindy and thank you for your response. I'm not actually afraid of opening the rig, it's what happens once I start to touch the inside that has me quaking in my boots. The manual shows soldering to be done once the filter is properly placed. I have no skill at that sort of thing and would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing for doing it right, than muck about myself and risk screwing something up. Thank you though for the suggestion.
Marque
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:13:52 AM »

I would check with the local commercial radio places..I'll bet they would do it. Good luck.

73, de Lindy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: