Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu MD-1 BUTCHERED  (Read 2791 times)
AB0TL

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2005, 04:24:16 PM »

I was given an MD-1 Mic and someone has really done a number on this unit.  They have changed all the wiring around on the inside of the unit.  I guess they were trying to rewire the mic, don't know why they didn't change the mic cord.

I can't find a Schematic on the MD-1 to show me where to rewire it to factory specs anywhere.  Anyone have a Schematic or would be able to take the bottom off their mic and take a picture and email me or tell me where pins 1 through 8 solder on the board at.
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 08:11:20 AM »

<< I can't find a Schematic on the MD-1 >>

Four seconds on Google ... bama.sbc.edu/yaesu.htm - 35k

Lon
AB0TL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 08:36:12 AM »

You know the SEARCH FOR IT mentality is so selfish.  If your not willing to help perhaps message boards on the internet are not for you.  I am sure that the same question is asked here a lot and people get tired of answering the same thing, but this question hasn't been asked before.

And for your information I searched Google for 2 days before I ever posted the message asking for help on here and I have already saw the 4 second link you talk of.   Perhaps if you would have looked at what you SEARCHED for you would find two things.  

#1 the link to the manual doesn't work and you have to start at the root of the URL (search for that if you don't know what I am talking about) and follow the flow of the website to get to the manual.  

#2 the link is just that to the MANUAL not the Schematic.    

So thanks for the smartalec post, but I guess you didn't prove to be much help.  Perhaps before jumping the gun next time you might ask a question or two or an even better approach if you don't have anything to contribute, just don't.
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:03:04 PM »

Sorry that you didn't like the reply.

Since you didnt' bother to say WHERE you had been looking I gave you the first option and a search for MD-1 schematic did return that response. For some strange reason, I assumed the manual WOULD contain the schematic. Most do.

Sorry I wasted my time; I will be sure not to do it again.

Lon
AB0TL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:25:20 PM »

I found a local ham who has an MD-1 and he is bringing it over this evening so I can take a digital photo and use a meter to get the pin outs on the circuit board.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 07:15:08 AM »

Great, post these on a web page - for the amateur "community" education/support.

Icom has great support for you type of question -- Yaesu/Vertex is very LACKING in providing this level of detail to amateurs.

w9gb
VK2ACM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 02:06:43 PM »

Just incase you never got it...Clint

http://home.wanadoo.nl/cbradio/yaesu-md1.gif
AB0TL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 07:03:08 PM »

Clint thank you for the link, that is in the manual for the MD-1.  What I was needing was more on the wiring inside the mic.  Here are some pictures that should help others.

http://home.centurytel.net/ab0tl/images/md1.jpg

and

http://home.centurytel.net/ab0tl/images/md12.jpg
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 09:57:14 PM »

I assume from these photos that this is the correct wiring for the Yaesu MD-1 ??

gb
AB0TL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 04:40:24 AM »

I am sorry, yes the links are pictures of a good MD1 micrphone.
N9KH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »

I think this might be of some help.

<http://www.qsl.net/g4wpw/md1c.html>

Good luck and 73
N9KH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: