Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC-2100 CTCSS Tone Problem ?  (Read 1294 times)
ROBBIE

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:13:02 PM »

I have a buddy who has been using his Icom IC-2100H as a base station for about 5 years now. He recently noticed that it will recieve and decode CTCSS tones properly, but will not transmit or encode CTCSS tones. I went through and checked his settings, as he is an older friend, and doesn't have the eyesight to do it anymore. Everything appeared to be correct. The radio is set to encode and decode a CTCSS tone. I checked his transmissions with a CTCSS decoder, and the rig just isn't transmitting one. Other than that, the radio works flawlessly. He has pretty much decided to go ahead and purchase a replacement for it, but has anyone every had this happen ? If so, how was it corrected, if it was corrected ? Thank you in advance.
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 06:22:40 AM »

First thing I would try is a master reset.  Got nothing to lose:

Turn unit OFF
Hold the [SET] and [S.MW] buttons
Turn unit ON
CLEAR appears on the display

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
ROBBIE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 02:47:42 PM »

Did the Hard Reset, Reprogrammed for a new CTCss tone, still nothing. I emailed Icom Support. The only help they could offer is for me to send it to them. With the cost of shipping it to them and the cost of them fixing it, one can purchase a new one just as easy. I would like to get this one back into running order though. Thanks

WQCF778
KD6AAJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:44:52 PM »

Did you ever fix it? Or find the problem?

I have an IC-2100H and I want to increase the ctcss tone decoder sensitivity, so I'm studying the schematics for it. My friends IC-2100H also has weak decode.

Ed, KD6AAJ

http://solasprime.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: