Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing rubbed off front panel lettering  (Read 479 times)
VU2LID

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:41:31 AM »

I am trying to fix a TS440S which has most of the lettering from front panel pushbutton swithes rubbedoff (disappeared due to heavy use by previous owner ?).

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for repairing this. It is not possible to replace the part (it is a discontinued item).

73 de vu2lid / n8li
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:34:28 PM »

hi Salim,

take a look at this decal paper you can
print your own lettering on your laser
or inkjet printer.

http://www.lazertran.com/lazertran_usa.htm

73 james
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:22:48 PM »

On raised letters, place a small amount of paint on a piece of paper.  Not much, but a thin coat large enough to cover the letters to be replaced.  Then careflly, backing it with something sized for the job at hand, 'rubber stamp' the raised letters.  You should also mask the area around the letters in case your aim is off.

'Sunken' letters can be refilled with paint.  Takes a small brush and a steady hand.

Surface letters are the worst.  Especially white.  The model industry sells a special paper and coating to make your own decals.  Basically allows modelers to make any size and graphic they wish for their projects.  You print what you want in your InkJet printer and coat it.  Dry, and apply like the decals of yesteryear (al la Revel Models).

HTH.

Jim - KB1NXE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: