Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-707 Freq mod to drive a CB to 6 MT transverter.  (Read 2786 times)
CA2VMP

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »

Hi , does anyone knows how to make the CB mod on a Yaesu FT-707 , i fellow ham gave me a CB to 6 meter kit, but the 707 only has 10 meter  band how do i modify it to convert it to CB ? I dont wanna mod the kit cause o think its not a good idea also the 10 meter band here is dead, so its sacrificable .      
                         CA2VMP .

WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »

Try here:
http://www.mods.dk/

Tom DGN
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »

hi Francisco,

have you tried to find a used CB radio?

no mod needed if you just use the CB for
the transverter.

73 james
CA2VMP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »

yeah i have one a Royce 639  but the frequency range is pretty limited and mods.dk doesnt have info about the mod for CB. Also i want to use it on FM .thanks anyway.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:19:22 PM »

hi,

FM is not available on the 707.

73 james
NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »

Just a thought, unless it's from the '50s, what transverter uses CB frequencies for mixing up to 6M?

This original post sounds most suspect.

/end of line
G1YHE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:07:33 AM »

I found this one.

http://www.zs2pe.co.za/HOMEBREW%20PROJECTS/Transverter/transverter.htm

NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:00:17 PM »

>by G1YHE on March 27, 2009
>I found this one.

http://www.zs2pe.co.za/HOMEBREW%20PROJECTS/Transverter/transverter.htm

Touche.

However, it's still suspect, the FT-707 is a sideband rig, 6M meteor scatter and other forms of sporadic propagation require SSB. Why not just use a 10M to 6M transverter? As for 6M FM, those rigs are cheap, used.

Unless, of course, the CB to 6M thing is a way to get the mods for using the 707 on CB.

Me thinks there be a rat in the woodpile.

/end of line
KG4ZVA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »

"However, it's still suspect, the FT-707 is a sideband rig, 6M meteor scatter and other forms of sporadic propagation require SSB. Why not just use a 10M to 6M transverter? As for 6M FM, those rigs are cheap, used.

Unless, of course, the CB to 6M thing is a way to get the mods for using the 707 on CB.

Me thinks there be a rat in the woodpile."
===================
then maybe you should quit trying to read something into it that isnt there.

he stated quite clearly he has 1)an ft-707 and 2) a cb to 6m converter. in order to use the converter he needs to mod the radio. why should he go buy anything else? so many on here complain about ops who never try building anything for themselves and then tell them to go BUY more equipment rather than providing any info on how they can "do-it-themselves" .if the radio can be converted as some can to cover 11m then he is all set.

as for the original question, check around on the web, maybe try mods.dk they have a lot of good info. and enjoy 6 meters! had an opening into south america and panama the other day from here in the florida panhandle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: