Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Band for IC-706MIIG  (Read 472 times)
9K2AI

Ignore
« on: December 03, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »

Hi all, I need to do a modification for an ICOM IC-706MIIG for one of the Aviations companies here and they need to use it for Air Band ( VHF & UHF ), So if any one could give an idea I do have the modification for it BUT it's give me ONLY 1 Watt on 120MHz !!! and I need at less 25 Watts ! so need your help ASAP .

73's & scene greetings.

Ahmad, 9K2AI
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

The 706 wasn't designed to work on air band. That's why you got the result you did.

You company is better off getting a radio designed for air band in the first place, rather than try to butcher an amateur radio,

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KC5JK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »

I can get the rig to transmit well above 130MHz and below 110MHz, but it drops off in the vicinity of the air band.  Probably a band pass filter in that region that you would have to modify.  Sorry I can't help more.  Beware of mods you find on the web.  Some are for European or other versions, using boards different from yours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: