Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 706 MKII for Aircraft  (Read 2373 times)
PYLOT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »

Thanks Lindy, I'm straight on what is required from the FAA for the installation, I do it frequently. You are bit off in your assumptions. HF is not used for navigation, so your quotes are not applicable. What is required to install an HF rig is a field approval done on an FAA form 337, very easy, done all the time, no hassles. Further, not all equipment in the aircraft must be TSO'd if operating under IFR and nothing in the FAR's suggest such.
PULLRAFTT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »

by W3LK on January 6, 2008    
"<< I have procured an ICOM 706-MKII for use as a temporary HF and backup VHF for aircraft deliveries. I have found volumes of info for various mods that seem suitable for this purpose but I'm having trouble selecting the correct one(s).
I would appreciate guidance in selecting the appropriate mod(s) for this application for the 706-MKII.
>>

What you are wanting to do is illegal. In this country (and Canada, at least) you cannot use modified amateur radios on any other radio service. It doen't matter whether you are talking about HF or VHF Airband.

Buy radios designed and type certified for Airband and aircraft use. If you can't afford them, you shouldn't be ferrying planes.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut"
--------------------------------
by PULLRAFTT

Lon, you sound like a broken record. I have looked at many posts of yours going back as far as 2003 and the theme is always the same, "it's illegal", boo hoo...

You're sickening..the EHAM POLICE....get a life.

-zw
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: