Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRO...curteous folks and fast service!  (Read 661 times)
KC2KMJ

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2002, 04:35:59 PM »

I know the HRO folks've been discussed before but I'd like to detail my recent transaction with HRO. I called in an order for a Kenwood TH-F6A this past Tuesday afternoon to their internet orders desk. I forget the gentleman's name I spoke to, Jim?, but he was a helluva nice guy and took care of everything expediantly. Hours later I received an email notification of the status of my shipment with a tracking #. It blew my mind when I saw the package was due to be delivered the very next day! I haven't even gotten items ordered from within my own state that quickly! I've got my new Kenwood TH-F6A and I already love it. Thanks HRO. You've got a fan who will do business with you again, and spread the news. :-)
EDWARD49

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 05:46:11 PM »

JIM AT HRO IS GOOD PEOPLES. I HAVE DELT WITH JIM IN THE PAST AND HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD PEOPLE TO ME.
KC2KMJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2002, 08:17:29 PM »

Actually, it was a gent named Steve who took my call. It states it on my receipt, and I remembered immediately after.

BTW, so far no problems with the F6A. Great little radio.  Thanks again to HRO for the great service.
KC2IHD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 06:49:45 PM »

Well, after reading the three comments about HRO, I must agree with all of them.I must have spent well over twenty thousand dollars this year alone with them and have had no problems at all.I had spoken to all of their sales reps in all of there locations. When investing this kind of money I choose very wisely. I give them a five star rating.
Thanks Barry at HRO.
73s KC2IHD
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 03:59:46 PM »

HRO ..Oakland Ca....  Mach is the best, he has been there for ever and knows a bunch about all of his products, and hammin in general. He donates stuff to our club ( Vaca Valley Radio Club) for our christmas dinner ( and other clubs in the area too) and is always there for a question.

I've been going to this store for a couple of years now (Mark use to be the manager befor Mach) and have always got great service.  Thanks for treating me like a customer, I appreciate the great treatment.  tom N6AJR
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 06:44:28 PM »

It is easy to burn off a nasty letter or email,
harder to find the time to send a nice letter or make that phone call to let the business know your a happy customer and appreciate the help you received.

73 james

W2RBA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2002, 10:25:09 AM »

I suppose this is the season to be jolly, but I can't agree unreservedly with the assessment of HRO the others have given.  Now my purchase was low cost -- it was a replacement antenna for a handie-talkie, but they blew it as far as I'm concerned.  You see, I ordered the antenna with an SMA connector -- I don't recall the model number, but it was a Comet brand that I had seen on a friend's HT -- and they sent me one with a BNC connector.  All right, it's an obvious mistake to make, so I contacted them about exchanging it and sent it in -- with the express understanding that they would credit my account with the cost of shipping I incurred.  Well, they didn't and never did, despite my attempted communications with them.

I usually try a couple of small orders from a dealer to judge how they are if something is amiss and also to assess how quick they are, and the like.  They shipped the wrong antenna quickly enough, they replaced a bit more slowly (but by no means complaint-worthy) and failed miserably when it came to crediting my mastercard all of $3.75.  You can guess that I stuck with a competitor (AES) who has yet to let me down.

I understand that hams are not the easiest group to sell to and I wouldn't be here registering a complaint if they had ever returned my money for an error of their own making.  But they didn't -- and lost a potential customer for good (or at least until the other ham radio dealers cease to exist).  Sorry, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Joe, W2RBA

WR8Y

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 08:51:14 PM »

I lived over 20 years with no ham store in my state!  Then I moved to Georgia, 90 minutes from HRO in Atlanta.   Life sure is good here!

I don't know how much I"v spent up there ... probably only $1000 in the past two years.  

HRO is the kind of store that will always be successful:

1)  I returned one tuner, never really took it out of the box.  Just changed my mind after I got it home.  I exchanged it for a slightly cheaper (and smaller) one.  They looked it over, but gave no argument.

2)  Just last week, I bought one of those MFJ 490 keyer/combos.  I got it home and it had one bad button, and no memory.   I called and let them know, Denise sent a new one upon arrival of my defective one.     (First defective MFJ product I'v had.... didn't know if I wanted another one.)  When the new one arrived, it worked just fine.   They didn't even charge for shipping, and she called me to tell me they were shipping the replacement.   Good service, good communication.

I bought an Alinco DX70 from Radio Shack dot com and now have a warranty problem, and am having a bit of trouble.

It's getting to where I'm afraid to buy from anyone OTHER than HRO!

(I'v only dealt with AES a few times (Two TS-830's) mostly because they are so far away.  I"v never had a problem there, either.)
KE4IZA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 07:15:28 AM »

When HRO states they pride themselves on customer service they are no kidding. About 3 weeks back I purchased an ICOM IC-718, MFJ-949E, 6' Patch Cord and an Astron RS-35M. Never had any trouble with the radio or tuner but the patch cord was missing. HRO apologized and sent me the cable. It was shorted. No problem HRO sent me another. Then 2 weeks later, 10 days after my return period ended, the Astron went wierd on me. Big time EMI and a bad humming noise. I figured I would have to send it to Astron. I called HRO for the Astron address and was told to simply return the RS-35M and it would be replaced. I exchanged it for the SEC-1223 power supply. They even shipped the new one BEFORE receiving the Astron Back and issued me a refund check the next day. Since I have no credit cards, ordered everything COD, this was amazing. HRO is one fantasic company. They also ship most items over $100 free. HRO can not be beat! Sorry AES but .......

Jim Glenn - KE4IZA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: