Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar- Powered QRP 10-meter Beacon  (Read 2958 times)
KG7RS

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2001, 10:29:10 PM »

Hello fellow QRP'ers. I just finished a QRP beacon on 10 meters, and would like to receive reception reports. If you are interested, the beacon is on 28.247 Mhz CW. Identifies as "VVV VVV de KG7RS/BCN Mesa, AZ 1W   QSL fastwin@primenet.com".

The beacon transmitter is a homebrew W7ZOI Universal QRP Transmitter, xtal controlled, running a 2N2222 oscillator, and 2N3553 final. Output power is 1-watt. The keyer/controller is a Jackson Harbor PK-3 running in beacon mode. I use a Siemens Solar SP-35 35-watt photovoltaic panel and 10-amp charge controller. Battery is a 30 A/hr AGM lead-acid. Antenna is a Cushcraft AR-10 ringo vertical. Entire station is self-contained. Solar panel and antenna mount on a Radio Shack antenna tripod, and battery, transmitter and charge controller are mounted in a marine battery box.

The beacon is running 24 hours/day. I would greatly appreciate reception reports and will QSL. Will be happy to help/encourage your own beacon project as well.

Watch for my beacon webpage with pictures of my installation. It will be online the week of Feb 18th.
URL will be http://www.primenet.com/~fastwin/index.html

72/73 de John, KG7RS, Mesa, AZ
KG7RS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 07:46:47 PM »

The new KG7RS 10-meter QRP Beacon website is up. The url is:
http://www.primenet.com/~fastwin

I would appreciate your comments and reception reports!

72/73,
John, KG7RS, Mesa, AZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: