Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeasu FT-1000 MKV vs FT-1000 field  (Read 1220 times)
W1TFM

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2002, 07:54:15 AM »

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I have hear some pro's and cons about the FT-1000 Mk V and the FT-1000 field.
Could someone tell me that is familiar with the two which one they would purchase. I have heard the extra 100 watts available on the FT-1000 MK V does not really make that much difference. I have also heard and read that the FT-1000 MK V is know to have provlems (I do not actually know if that is true). My main concern is is the FT-1000 Mk V is superior to the FT-1000 field in sensitivity and other aspects. The stations I have heard on the bands all have unbelievable audio quality, is this true between the two ? For the sake of a few hundered bucks I just would like to know I have choosen the best one.
I am going to purchase one of the two and would appreciate any information from a seasoned ham that is familiar with the two and if they were going to make the purchase which one they would buy. If anyone feels that a different rig would perform better I would appreciate you input as well.
Thank you for your time. I just need help in making the right choice.
73's and Best of health to you and yours.
W1TFM  T. "Rick" Marsters
Massachusetts
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 01:55:33 PM »

W1TFM, this wasn't the proper place to post this inquiry.  This section is for "Company Reviews," meaning a place to post comments about manufacturers, dealers, resellers, distributors of ham gear -- not about the specific gear (model) itself.

But you left no e-mail address to contact you outside this forum.

I'd choose the MK V in a heartbeat over the "Field," after having used both extensively.  The "Field" appears to be (in using it) a "stripped down" MK-V.  Even the "output" range on its panel meter is labeled 0-400 Watts, making the MK-V normal output about midscale, and making the Field normal output only 1/4-scale.  Weird stuff.

The MK-V has one of the cleanest transmitters ever to be sold into this market, based on verified IMD performance.  For that reason alone, it justifies its higher cost.

WB2WIK/6

KG6GOA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 01:37:15 AM »

I just got the mark v 200 watts. and it does make a big difference. 1 to 2 s units. the best radio i have ever used. just put in 2 ssb filters which yaesu is selling for 1/2 price. yf110sn yf114sn. sure is  a big difference. and at the price there are selling for, it is worth the few hundred dollars. 73 bob K6ZOE new call.
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 05:14:01 PM »

I have a very early MK V - received it in June 2000.  Never had a problem with it, and use it every day.  Best rig I've ever had.  I did load it up with all the available filters (purchased from INRAD).  I normally run it at 100 watts, but I go to 200 on occasion when it is needed.  It makes the difference at critical times (like chasing DX).

Phil - AD5X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: