Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buddipole OR MP-1???  (Read 854 times)
VK2TXB

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:26:12 AM »

Hello there from Hong Kong,
First time posting here, so hello all! I am looking for a GOOD portable antenna to use here in Hong Kong with both a 817 and a 706 rig. I bought a MFJ 1622 which is uselss, so before I shell out again and pay for international shipping etc etc, I would like to see what the best antenna is out of these 2? They are fairly close in price ($50), so any hands on thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Hey, I need all the help to get a signal out here!!
Cheers
Andrew
VK2TXB (an aussie in Hongkers)
K6TTE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 08:37:09 PM »

I've read nothing but praise about the Buddipole, while I've heard that the MP-1 is a good antenna, but that their service is spotty.

Have you looked at Hi-Q antennas Tune-a-Dipole?  It looks promising and they have a good reputation for quality as well.

Good luck!  -- Dale, K6TTE
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 06:06:09 AM »

In my book the Buddipole is the best choice. Being a dipole, its a balanced antenna. You don't have to worry about laying out radials and you don't have problems caused by RF on the outside of the coax shield (because the radials aren't working effectivly).

I like the new Buddipole that breaks down into 1-foot pieces and all fits in a small carrying bag.
VK2TXB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 10:16:18 AM »

Thanks guys,
I went ahead and ordered the buddipole, hey I may be the 1st operator to use one here in Hong Kong...mmm could be a sponsorship eh? ha ha.. No, I read alot of reviews and research and I think the buddipole will be great, and I did order the new smaller version.
Cheers 73s
Andrew
VK2TXB
KL0AN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 01:39:59 PM »

Why not just build the buddipole with the plans from his website?? I built mine and it's awesome.. I take it with me on travels to remote villages here in Alaska.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: