Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT 817 with KL 203 amp  (Read 1751 times)
VK2TXB

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2005, 12:16:25 AM »

Hello there,
I have heard of quite a few hams using the small KL 203 amp with the 817 and would like any tips or feedback about this combo. I can't afford to buy a Tokyo amp, so this seems to be a small amp that would serve my purpose for a little bit more power when needed. What is their HF range and what power are you seeing with them on 40, 20, 15 and 10 metres, while being driven by the 817 on full 5 watts drive. Any help or feedback appreciated.
Cheers
Andrew
VK2TXB
KG4SPA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 12:45:05 PM »

Andrew,

Since no one answered your question I will take a stab.  I bought the Tokyo Hi-Power 50 watt amp for my FT-817ND after looking at other options.  All the other amps that I looked at had problems with out of band emmissions and are "dirty".  I think this is the case with the KL 203 amp.

The Tokyo Hi-Power cost more but they are worth it.

The 50 watt model has been discontinued but they have a 100 watt amp that will work with the FT-817.  They are nice folks to deal with.
WA5ZNU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 04:01:50 PM »

Check out the 50W HFPacker amp project at http://hfprojects.com -- it is easily built, works well with the FT-817 and is quite a bit cheaper than the 100W THP and the RM Italia product (the one with filtering).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: