Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to id a QRP CQ, if at all  (Read 1361 times)
KD7EVS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 08:40:52 PM »

Just /q is faster and uses two less letters
--------------------------------------------
True, but since we generally repeat "CQ" three times and our call three times, I don't figure the two extra letters in "/QRP" really saves that much time :-)

lol...   point made.
N4GI

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 03:38:10 PM »

Don't add anything to your call that's not part of your callsign, it's just plain inefficient.  Be respectful to the RX station who's trying to pull your weak signal out of the noise.  If you have to advertise your QRP prowess, write it on your QSL card.

I can't tell you how many times I've been called by a PW stations and only copied the /Q part over and over.  If the station had simply called me with just their call sign, a Q would have gotten into the log....

N4GI  
VE3XDB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 02:34:11 PM »

I'm with Caity!  Never do I identify that I am running QRP.  Get a keyer that "loops" and call CQ.  If someone choses to respond, then they are fair game!  I will tell them that I am running 5 watts, after they give me a 579 and tell me that they are running 100 watts.

Sometimes, I hesitate RESPONDING to a CQ, unless the caller is very loud.  But, I have even had good QSO's when someone is calling, and I respond with my 5 watts.  Even in the case of responding to a CQ, the caller has the option to ignore you.  

Have fun!  

Doug VE3XDB

K4EQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 07:17:30 PM »

Obviously, every QRPer has an opinion on this. Sometimes I add /QRP to my call and sometimes I don't. Personally, I like it when other QRPers sign /QRP because then I know if I can hear them I can generally work them QRP myself. But if a station is barely moving the S meter and is running 100 watts, I'm usually wasting my time calling them with QRP. If they sign /QRP, I'm more apt to give them a call on my 703.  --Dale, K4EQ/QRP
KC2OOS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 10:58:05 AM »

I usually use "/P", if anything. Given that most "portable" stations, whether HT or otherwise, are only going to put out about 5W max, and I'm using an FT-817ND, I think it's appropriate.

Now, if somebody can suggest a better alternative, I'm open to ideas.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: