Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need your Help  (Read 1280 times)
5A1A

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:08:36 AM »

Hallo dear Radio friends
I am new into QRP and looking for more Information Sources to start slowly with Homebrew and QRP Stuff please advise.!
Tnx 73

Abubaker 5A1A
PHILA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »

The ARRL Has a good book to get you started. It's called Low Power Communication
Link: http://www.arrl.org/catalog/?item=1042

As for radios, some build them and others buy them. The 2 most popular non kit QRP radios are the Yaesu FT-817ND and the ICOM IC-703+.

As for kit radios, there is Elecraft K1,K2, Oak Hills Research 100A, Wilderness Sierra, and may others.
Link: http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/22

For antennas, there are quite a few prebuilt ones you can get. But most just run a wire dipole that can be adjusted in length.

One other thing, since you will be running off some kind of battery, CW is the way to go. Some do do voice tho.

To give you an ideal on a QRP setup, this is what I am going to run with....
Icom 703+ and backpack
2 NiMih battery packs 5ah@9.6V
Vibroplex Code Mite key
BuddiStick Antenna

Hope this helps =)
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

Good sources of information are available from the G-QRP Club in Great Britian and their publication "Sprat," (www.interalia.plus.com/q_spind.htm), from the QRP Amateur Radio Club International (www.qrparci.org), and the New Jersey QRP Club (www.njqrp.org). From these three sites are numerous links to other clubs, vendors, operating techniques, homebrewing, etc. Good luck, and have fun.
WB8YYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »

Abubaker

assuming you are still in Germany, they have an excellent QRP community.  

many of us are interested in QRP not so much because of transmitter power, but getting more involved in understanding and building our own rigs.  

here in the US a well-known homebrew rig design is the 2n2-40, 2n2-30 and 2n2-20 by K8IQY.  it is an excellent starting point to see what is being done.  some components are easy to get (2n2222 or similar) and others are more specialized (torroids and varactor diodes).  

also check out the website of the Northern California QRP club - www.norcalqrp.org.  

73, curt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: