Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The cub in youtube  (Read 722 times)
EA5BLP

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »

Hello to all QRPers. I have uploaded a new video to youtube showing the MFJ 9317
in qso with a sweedish station while i was aligning it using less than 1 watt.
If you like, you can see it in my channel in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ea5blp#p/u/0/Q3V6X7Kb3sk

Surprisingly, the receiver was yet not well adjusted when i worked the contact! On transmission, the wave on the scope seems quite good.

73 dx!
EA5BLP
Juan
Spain.

Juan
EA5BLP
N2UGB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:03:13 AM »

from what i have read, the mfj cub may be one of their best products, possibly their best qrp rig. wish it were 4 or 5 watts.

KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »

I bought a 40m QRP cub assembled at HRO - my wife didn't want me going through frustration building a kit with tiny parts. the receiver was DEAF.(using the same antenna I use with my 746Pro, and with a borrowed KX-1) I even bought some alignment wands to try and tweak it. no improvement. took it back to the store, tried the other two they had in stock, on the store antennas. Exactly the same. must have been built by the same person in MS. HRO gave me a refund. Just my experience. I've got an IC-703 now for QRP adventures. That works really well! Some Cubs must work well, but my sample of 3 didn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: