The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom RS-BA1 SSB transmit macros for the IC-7610 (and IC-7300)  (Read 1237 times)
WX0V

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »

Hello,

I have an Icom IC-7610 and have installed the RS-BA1 software.  The rig works remotely; RX and TX (both SSB and CW) work as advertised.  The CW macros work great.

However, I cannot get the SSB transmit macros working.  They play the just fine (via the RS-BA1 macro button), and I can hear the audio, but they will not transmit.  I get no output power when I play them.  I have the "PLAY only" box unchecked.  The LEVEL is at 12 o'clock.  The power level from the rig is at 100w, so it's not that.

Anyone here have any ideas how to get those macros to transmit?  I'm assuming there is a setting I am missing.

I'm also guessing the settings will be the same for the IC-7300, so if someone has them working on that rig, please share what you did.

Thank you!

Scott - WX0V
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »

I don't know anything about the software,  But I would ask:  Does the radio key up? In CW mode the macro would not key the PTT line as the key closure would make the radio transmit, but in a voice mode like SSB the radio must be keyed.  and perhaps the macro does not sent the cat command to actually key the radio first then send the audio.  Conversely if you place the radio in vox mode and then send a ssb macro, does the radio key up from the vox and does the audio then modulate the transmitter?   Just things to check, like I said I don't know anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: