Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI's)  (Read 51914 times)
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2014, 04:14:20 AM »

Not 3000 uV but 3,000,000 uV.
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2014, 04:24:19 AM »

Sorry about the math mistakes guys, replied on break from SQL Server and c#, and FORTRAN programming. Brain was in recovery mode. Still it looks like the conducted emissions limit can be exceeded by strong received signals, if that is the threshold no wonder our equipment can trip breakers at 400 feet.

KF7CG
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »

I just sent my Rocky Mountain Division Director/Vice Director this email:
Dear Brian and Dwayne, W4TL started this blog in June 2014.  So far there have been over 46,000 hits, making this the most active blog in the RFI/EMI category.  As Director and Vice Director of the Rocky Mountain Division, does this tell you something??
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,96949.0.html  .  You might want to read all 15 pages to get a sense of what’s happening.
George Key, W5YZ
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2014, 07:36:49 AM »

By now, we have had almost 50,000 hits on this blog.  Who are you??  We'd like to hear from you.  Please post on this blog and let us know why you are interested.
W4TL

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Yesterday at 06:36:55 AM »

It appears that the problem with the Eaton AFCI's is going to continue for a long time and may never be resolved. The reason I say this is that the troublesome AFCI's are still to this day being manufactured and installed in neighborhoods all across the United States.

I just moments ago (8:37 AM Today) got off the phone with Joe Fello and he affirmed that Eaton is still manufacturing and electrical contractors are installing these troublesome breakers all over the US. They are only using the "HAM" breakers and replacing the faulty breakers on an "as need" basis. In my opinion this is making it more difficult to correct the problem if the manufacturer is still producing the product that is causing it and electrical contractors are still installing them. In my neighborhood the electrical contractor is installing them in new homes at the rate of two homes per week.

It would really help if Eaton would make a public statement regarding the issue with their tripping AFCI's and how they intend to resolve the issue presently and in the future. Currently the only thing that eludes to the problem is what was published by the League in November of 2013. Absolutely nothing publicly from Eaton.

The ARRL has told us that the problem is self correcting with Eaton and needs no more publicity or staff time devoted to this problem. I disagree with their position on this. I pity the poor ham 10 years down the road that moves into a neighborhood loaded with these breakers and tries to get an HF station on the air.  

W4TL  Huh
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:39:14 AM by W4TL » Logged
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Yesterday at 07:34:53 AM »

... or a ham who has been operating in the neighborhood for years without a problem and suddenly a neighbor gets a complete remodel which includes an electrical system upgrade using the new AFCIs.
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Yesterday at 08:10:18 AM »

I just got an email from an ARRL "Official" who says I'm undermining the ARRL.  Go figure.
KI6LZ

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Yesterday at 08:17:44 AM »

That makes no sense. Who is this "official" and I wonder which definition of undermine he is using, to hurt, to subvert, to weaken?
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Yesterday at 02:07:50 PM »

I just got an email from an ARRL "Official" who says I'm undermining the ARRL.  Go figure.

I suggest that you send one of your 'bad' breakers to the official.  Ask him to review it in his own breaker box Grin

Jonathan W6GX
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Yesterday at 05:24:24 PM »

It wouldn't do much good to ID the guy.  Too bad he started getting personal.  It's one thing to knock an organization, another to get personal.  Sounds like thinking the organization is more important than the people who they are supposed to be serving.  So far this week, four houses on the block have been retrofitted with the "HAM" AFCIs.  Ten more to go.  BTW, I looked at the box the HAM AFCIs come in and there is no difference in them and the old AFCIs.  Lots of room for mistakes.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Today at 05:45:53 AM »

And therein lies the reason that all too many hams dislike the ARRL and will not support it.  Too many of the supposed 'officials' taking things concerning ham radio to personal levels.  It's sad, because we all should work together to further ham radio.  It seems that the ARRL is like any radio club--only the things viewed as serious to the senior officers are paid attention to--and the heck with all the rest.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:48:53 AM by K1CJS » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: