The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Invisible Fence  (Read 12936 times)
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 05:42:52 AM »

Chris,

If you would also like to try a low pass filter between the output of your transmitter and the buried wire, here is a simple 100 kHz low pass filter that should do the job:

It only takes 0.022 uF capacitors (qty 5) and 1.2 mH inductors (qty 2) so it should be under $10 if you are buying everything new. The resistors shown are not part of the filter - they represent the source and load impedance. The 0.066 uF capacitor is three 0.022 uF capacitors in parallel. The 1.2 mH chokes can be something like this:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/abracon-llc/AIAP-03-122K/AIAP-03-122K-ND/3059934

You can build it on perfboard or dead bug style on a piece of PCB. Mount it as close as you can to the transmitter and inside the Faraday cage if you go that route.

- Glenn W9IQ
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:53:32 AM by W9IQ » Logged

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
KB3LMC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Today at 01:08:10 PM »

SOLVED.

Installed a Corcom 10VK6 (found solution on another post on the forum) between the transmitter and the fence loop.  Seems to work well and has removed the RFI I was experiencing. 

Send me a message if you would like a picture of my install.

Chris
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:06:19 PM »

Chris,

That is great news. I am glad you found an off the shelf LPF that worked. Congratulations! I will add your solution to my playbook.

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: