Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for an inexpensive source for Split Beads.  (Read 2692 times)
N4EKZ

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2003, 04:50:26 PM »

I need to purchase some type 43 split beads (with the plastic snap covers). I'm looking for suggestions for where some good places to buy them at reasonable prices. Oh, I need to purchase both some .25 and .50 inch diameter.

Thanks... James (N4EKZ)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 01:07:24 PM »

Many places sell them, but only a few people actually manufacture them, and the "source" is always the cheapest, if you can meet their minimum order needs.

http://www.steward.com  (A real ferrite manufacturer.)

RF Parts (http://www.rfparts.com) has pretty good deals on Mix 43 snap-on filters of various sizes, and the larger the quantity, the cheaper they get.

Lucky for me, I can buy them locally at Fry's Electronics (who does not mail-order, but has several retail stores in the west) at lower prices than the mail-order houses, so I just walk in and do so!

WB2WIK/6
KL7EDK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 04:38:02 PM »

Jim,

I bought a bunch from Surplus Sales of Nebraska. They advertise in QST and their prices are reasonable. They have several sizes up to 1" if needed.  They are on the web also.

73 Jerry
KA7GKN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 10:33:18 PM »

forget about mix 43...if you must surplus sales of nebraska has nice ones at a good price
the radio shack beads are over priced and I think mix 61
check out the radio works mix 31 nice stuff 2 bucks really works well!
If you have an rfi issue also look into the radio works T-4 isolators and their suggested ground protocol

You can contact me either on 14.178mhz [advanced portion] 0000utc - 0230utc
or via e'mail     ka7gkn@arrl.net
if you have additional questions.
regards, Marty  ka7gkn
K6NT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 07:49:27 PM »

Try allelectronics.com.  Or a local hamfest.  I have been able to find them for as little as 25 cents for the quarter inch and 50 cents for the half inch splits.  Most are not marked, but are usualy 43 mix.  

White shells are often something like 61 mix and work better at VHF/UHF.  Octogonal cross section beads are typically 43 mix if you find them surplus.  There are some new octogonal ones now made in mix 31.  Tests by guys in my club show 43 mix to work great throughout the HF bands.  The new 31 mix works slighty better below 14 MHz.
N0DST

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 10:32:17 PM »

Besides All Electronics,(www.allelectronics.com)
try:
www.goldmine-elec.com
http://www.digi-key.com
www.mpja.com

Tom  N0DST
KE6VG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 01:35:54 AM »

have any of you tried www.hosfeltelectronics.com -

they worked for me.

search for ferrite
K5UJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 06:10:26 PM »

I have bought from several sources mail order and have found RF Parts to have the best price and quality.  Some mfr's plastic holders have fasteners that break after being used once or twice.  The ones from RFP hold up real well.  If you don't care about the holders you may save more by just getting the split beads from Palomar.
KG4VPV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 09:38:54 PM »

WB2WIK wrote:
"Lucky for me, I can buy them locally at Fry's Electronics (who does not mail-order, but has several retail stores in the west) at lower prices than the mail-order houses, so I just walk in and do so! "

FYI, Fry's does mail-order.  They have an online store at www.outpost.com.  Hope this helps.  I was so happy to find Fry's when I moved.  Everything I ever needed to blow a full pay check in about 15 minutes HIHI.
WO7T

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 11:43:07 PM »

Watch on EBAY also, or drop an email to a seller asking for a quantity price order........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2549209020

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: