Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVI  (Read 870 times)
KC9BUG

Ignore
TVI
« on: January 13, 2003, 08:16:25 PM »

I am having TVI problems.  I don't think that they were there before.  But after christmas my brother complained that the TV would get fuzzy.  I have a kenwood ts-830, an  mfj 949E antenna tuner, and a dipole antenna feed with ladder line.  I also have a 8 ft. grounding rod installed right out side the station.  It was just installed this fall.  I have checked my ground connnections on the back of my rig.  What could be wrong and what can I do to fix it.
W5RB

Ignore
TVI
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 08:55:12 AM »

When analyzing TVI , specific information helps a lot . What bands and modes cause the problem ? What effect does changing power output have ? Does it disrupt the picture , the sound , or both ? Does it affect all TV channels the same , or is it worse on specific ones ? If the picture's affected , what does it look like ? Heavy lines ,horizontal tearing , or faint , fingerprint-like patterns in the background ?Are you on cable , or an off-air antenna ? With all these questions answered , you have a pretty good chance of pinning down the problem .The good news is , most TVI can be fixed with a minimum of expense and effort , once the problem is identified . Get us some more information , and I'll bet somebody here can help you with yours .

Russ, W5RB
KC9BUG

Ignore
TVI
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 07:34:57 PM »

I operate on 20 meters a lot, I also to do some 10 and 15 meter.  I use SSB.  The TVs are both in my home, I can only assume that other people near by are affected to.  It is cable tv on all of them.  My brother's Play Station 2 is hooked up using RCA cables.  In my room, my TV the pictces gets horz. lines that run across the screen, and then the tv turns off.  The sound is not affected.
GM0EEH

Ignore
TVI
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 11:25:58 AM »

Is the play station connected and live when the interference is taking place? If so i would strongly suggest that the playstation amp is disrupting the recption both on that tv and any others running on the same antenna system. Switch of the play station and check the tv once again for tvi. If a playstation is powered up then normal tv coverage is severly effected by the playstation amplifier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: