Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Outlet (New Castle, Delaware)  (Read 3607 times)
KE4IZA

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2003, 07:12:57 AM »

When HRO states they pride themselves on customer service they are no kidding.  About 3 weeks back I purchased an ICOM IC-718, MFJ-949E, 6' Patch Cord and an Astron RS-35M.  Never had any trouble with the radio or tuner but the patch cord was missing.  HRO apologized and sent me the cable.  It was shorted.  No problem HRO sent me another.  Then 2 weeks later, 10 days after my return period ended, the Astron went wierd on me.  Big time EMI and a bad humming noise.  I figured I would have to send it to Astron.  I called HRO for the Astron address and was told to simply return the RS-35M and it would be replaced.  I exchanged it for the SEC-1223 power supply.  They even shipped the new one BEFORE receiving the Astron Back and issued me a refund check the next day.  Since I have no credit cards, ordered everything COD, this was amazing.  HRO is one fantasic company.  They also ship most items over $100 free.  HRO can not be beat!  Sorry AES but .......

Jim Glenn - KE4IZA
WA2ADS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 01:23:47 PM »

I'll second KE4IZA experience with HRO in New Castle, DE.  I only live less than 1 hour from this store.  I have always gotten good service.  When I go to the store to purchase something and it is not in stock, I usually have it on my doorstep within 72 hours.  It's always a pleasure to visit HRO, New Castle, DE and refreshing, as a customer, to be treated with dignity.

Alex Calabrese
WA2ADS
AF4YA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 07:20:35 PM »

Looks like someone is catching the drift. I may start shopping through the Delaware store. AES kills me. When I first got into amateur radio I called HRO in Woodbridge, VA and Atlanta, GA where both acted like I was bothering them, I was never treated so rude by a company when calling to ask about a product. Looks like the guys in Delaware are doing things right. They may have just earned themselves a customer.

Nick
KB4QLZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 06:28:53 PM »

HRO in Atlanta has a great bunch of folks to deal with also...

Mark - KB4QLZ
W3FHW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 09:07:10 AM »

I learned the hard way. Ordered equipment from another company (not HRO) and waited for about 10 days for it's delivery. Called them and they said the entire order (seven items costing a total of $282.00 plus shipping) was back ordered and they had no estimated shipping dates for any of the items. Cancelled the order and called HRO in Atlanta. HRO had all the items in stock for a total price was $298.00 with no shipping charges and they were delivered the next day. The afternoon I ordered from HRO I received an E-mail from UPS with a package tracking number. The cost of the items was a little more but at least I got what I ordered the next day and not having to pay shipping charges almost evened the total cost of the two orders. I have always received very excellent service from HRO in Atlanta. And even though I research the competive cost of all equipment equipment I buy, I always consider HRO as the best source taking into account the availability of the items, costs, service, return policy, and the prompt delivery from HRO.
K3UD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 12:30:07 PM »

Agree with the above posts about HRO New Castle. I visit the Philadelphia area 1 or 2 times a year and always include a visit to HRO in my plans.
Nice people to deal with.

George
K3UD
KC2LJL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 03:39:39 PM »

I just bought my first radio from there a few days ago, and the guy there was quite helpful.  Also, you can't beat the fact that there's no sales tax in DE!  It makes the 40 mi drive well worth it.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 09:06:30 PM »

I use HRO Oakland, Ca. and have nothing but praise.  Mach, who is retiring soon and Mark who used to be there and is taking over for Mach is also a good guy.  I have had excellent service, bought tons of gear and never had a problem.  

Thanks for the good service guys.  I even got some stuff from them as door prises for our local radio club.  These folks have mt business., and shipping over night is their norm.  

Thanks for treating me like a customer...  tom N6AJR
NE2I

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 02:19:12 PM »

Been there a few times and they are always friendly and courteous. Good bunch to deal with.
N2NQA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 08:04:15 PM »

Yea,Talk to BOB(robert) Penneys at the HRO in New Castle in person,just hope you don't have a 2 call.
I'll never go there again,with several other hams.
To bad one can make it bad for the rest!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: